Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are we losing the NHS?

Re: Are we losing the NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    I'm not a moron but I do think anyone who voted libdem are against democracy . The reason for my thinking is that anyone who votes for a party blatantly wanting to ignore 17.4 million voters can't be trusted . How could you trust that party to honour their word when they just want to ignore 17.4 million as if they don't matter .

I'm from a Labour town and we all voted Tory because we also voted to leave the eu in the referendum, its not wise to ignore the electorate and the referendum result was never and never will go away . Brexit is happening , I am sorry if that causes you anxiety but calling people morons isn't the way to go .

Peace and Merry Christmas .
    Lets not forget why some call the LibDems yellow Tories. Whilst this party offered a hope for cancelling Brexit for some they said they would support Boris in a coalition whilst saying no chance to a Labour coalition. They only agreed to a Labour coalition if Corbyn went, something they have been arguing for ages about before the election.

So, I find it a bit strange that the "anybody but the Tories" crowd voted LibDem when they would have propped Boris up anyway. They would have got a 2nd referendum out of it but if it's all about the NHS and so forth they would have enabled the Tories to carry on. Would the LibDems have been a moderating force? Maybe. But Swinson was quite clearly someone who would sell her vote for any power and may just vote the way she is told to retain it if in a coalition as she did last time she was a minister.

It seems quite a risk to vote tactically for them because Labour have little support in a seat. Only Labour were going to take on the Tories in their own way and grant that mythically, and heavily Remain rigged, 2nd referendum some wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lets not forget why some call the LibDems yellow Tories. Whilst this party offered a hope for cancelling Brexit for some they said they would support Boris in a coalition whilst saying no chance to a Labour coalition. They only agreed to a Labour coalition if Corbyn went, something they have been arguing for ages about before the election.

So, I find it a bit strange that the "anybody but the Tories" crowd voted LibDem when they would have propped Boris up anyway. They would have got a 2nd referendum out of it but if it's all about the NHS and so forth they would have enabled the Tories to carry on. Would the LibDems have been a moderating force? Maybe. But Swinson was quite clearly someone who would sell her vote for any power and may just vote the way she is told to retain it if in a coalition as she did last time she was a minister.

It seems quite a risk to vote tactically for them because Labour have little support in a seat. Only Labour were going to take on the Tories in their own way and grant that mythically, and heavily Remain rigged, 2nd referendum some wanted.
    That was my fear that a second referendum would be fixed . The whole thing has caused division and fear and I will be glad when it's done so we can all move on. I certainly don't think brushing it under the carpet would be accepted . Brexit needs to happen and quick. I will also be glad when Brexit is not in the news daily it drive me mad lol .

I am a Tory and they are not evil , they will bring this country back to prosperity once we leave the eu, which I feel is the best thing for our country . I haven't been brainwashed I know exactly what i am doing and I make my own mind up . Seems like the rest of us do too especially northern voters who have lost trust in Labour and the other party that wanted to ignore the democratic vote .
    I lied, I'm back in.

"Bring back to prosperity"?!?!

You know the UK has the 5th largest economy on the planet, right? Do you understand that this tiny country is massively, massively wealthy. How do you expect leaving the EU to improve that? How exactly do you expect this to impact your life (and the lives of your fellow voters) in a positive way?

Perhaps you're confused with the distribution of wealth, which is (demonstrably) only going one way. ie - not yours.

I like Boris he is brilliant
    Brexit is happening , I am sorry if that causes you anxiety but calling people morons isn't the way to go .
    It doesn't cause me anxiety, is causes me despair. And the idea that Boris Johnson is 'brilliant' re-confirms my belief in my previous comments.

I'm sorry if that causes you anxiety.

Brexit is happening and the Tories won the GE overwhelmingly. You are entitled to feel despair, Joe but you've already said that you know you are right with your views so why not leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Brexit is happening and the Tories won the GE overwhelmingly. You are entitled to feel despair, Joe but you've already said that you know you are right with your views so why not leave it at that?
    Because I know I'm right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-508798...ykx2vcZ9lFQVfY

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Power stations sold off to the Chinese under previous PMs. British Steel sold off to China recently. 5G service sold off by May to a Chinese company despite being strategic to us and Chinese firms known to have state influence by their intelligence service.

Doesn't this point more to selling off of British assets than one plan to collude with the US? If not then why are we allowing the Chinese to gain so many of our assets remembering steel production is very important when it comes to war. But then how much of our infrastructure is owned by foreign firms anyway? And don't forget the nuclear weapons we pay the US to service at their base and have done for a very long time.

I don't see how this points to a sell off of the NHS.

The whole Brexit issue is a removal of barriers to US money in two main ways. The health service, and the food standards.

It's the willingness to hand over anything to the US in exchange for personal gain/wealth that is at the core of this.

And no, the link doesn't point directly towards the selling of the NHS, it just illustrates the 'nothing is sacred' mantra that is bubbling up in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    The whole Brexit issue is a removal of barriers to US money in two main ways. The health service, and the food standards.

It's the willingness to hand over anything to the US in exchange for personal gain/wealth that is at the core of this.

And no, the link doesn't point directly towards the selling of the NHS, it just illustrates the 'nothing is sacred' mantra that is bubbling up in the background.
    Which would be the same mantra under previous PMs selling off other strategic assets. It's just that now we can say we are cosying up to the US and add it as some evidence and forget about the other evidence. Isn't this more an argument for re-nationalisation? Privatisation saw such Tory types making plenty selling off old industries and often to our EU partners.

Don't forget about workers rights. Singapore on Thames. Always a lame argument though as if the trade union movement has never existed and only the EU protect us from lower working standards...despite us having higher ones than the EU minimum in some cases.

I admit it's a possibility. We have to now watch and see where this goes. The drugs talks with the US were a damp squib. It will be hospital assets and insurance schemes that I would be looking for as evidence.

So, how about we start enshrining some laws to protect ourselves? Ian Blackford seems to be talking about one for the US. Why do we have to be governed by a greater framework (the EU) because we can't be trusted to govern ourselves?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information