Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Feel rotten.

One side of heads awful, cant think straight, to think before I say something, sweating, rubbing hands etc. Eye feels weird, cant sleep but shattered, cant switch off. I feel exhausted.

Re: Feel rotten.

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

What did you discuss with your GP today?

Just how I think every thing is worst case scenario.

This is something you need to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Just how I think every thing is worst case scenario.
    Does that mean you didi not discuss with your GP..

This is the root of your problem, not your "symptoms"

Re: Laryngeal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Nah, I think I’ve offered this poster enough advice etc over the years they’ve posted here. At a certain point you need to start putting it into practice.

You reckon it’s a bizarre accusation, would you also be willing to bet this post hasn’t set alarm bells ringing in other posters? Perhaps other posters who actually do take advice and are proactive?
    Seriously? I think you need to take some
    advice or a class or simply employ compassion
    and common sense into your comments. I mean being mean to someone who suffers with HA and OCD completely negates this site and its purpose. Sorry we aren’t all as perfect as you when the urge to google arises.

There is a way to say things kinder and more
    Compassionately than scolding or chastising someone’s fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredtoo View Post
    and common sense into your comments. I mean being mean to someone who suffers with HA and OCD completely negates this site and its purpose. Sorry we aren’t all as perfect as you when the urge to google arises.

Just to give some perspective. This is not an excuse nor judgement in any way. Depending on the member, a reply that seems less than compassionate often has it's reasons. The OP has been on the forum for ten years. I, along with many others have taken the time and effort replying to the numerous threads offering advice. As with other serial posters, the pattern is the same. While one can debate whether to respond or not, to those who have donated their time, experience and advice and had it ignored, the push back is not unexpected. It's like saying to someone you know: "C'mon man.... Really?". It's one of those "been there, done that" responses.

As with everyone here suffering, knowing there are others that feel the same way as you do is comforting and offers reassurance. Being able to write out your thoughts and fears can be cathartic as well but treating the root of the problem lies within you. Words on a screen or in a book do nothing unless you act on them. That IMO, is the bottom line and the root of the frustration shown in some replies on many serial poster threads.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 15-12-19 at 00:40.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredtoo View Post

That would be a good point if the OP hadn’t already proven me right. Ignore my comments for a second and concentrate on the responses the OP got that were “compassionate”. Did they get a response? Acknowledgement? No, they didn’t. What they got was a “going to doctors” response from the OP then cricket noises.

What that means is that the OP is going to ignore the “compassionate” advice, hit up their dr for some nonentity of a symptom then disappear into the abyss. Next time we hear from them will be in a month or two with their latest “OMG I’m going to die” post and the cycle continues.

Ten years of this nonsense is too much, frankly. What is the bloody point of this site if we are just going to keep enabling anxiety? You talk about “negating” the point of this site, yet you seem to be encouraging more years of suffering. I’m trying to get results. Who’s really “negating” the point of this site?

I can well understand how some of the responses here might look harsh, but it's a harsh world. The root of anxiety is faulty thinking patterns, and speaking as somebody with fairly severe health anxiety, I actually find it useful sometimes to be told I'm being irrational and/or making myself worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I can well understand how some of the responses here might look harsh, but it's a harsh world. The root of anxiety is faulty thinking patterns, and speaking as somebody with fairly severe health anxiety, I actually find it useful sometimes to be told I'm being irrational and/or making myself worse.
    It's the old "blunt or enabling" nonsense argument that rumbles around on NMP every so often. I've been seeing it since I joined and to now nothing has changed. We get the usual "if you don't bollock the OP you are an enabler" and a load of binary arguments as usual. And that's why we have 2 long Admin threads (which continue to be ignored by some) and Admin (fellow sufferers) end up having to deal with reported posts because people won't do as they ask (worth noting this is a general comment and no necessarily aimed at this thread). The point is that we all disagree on the best ways and it came to Admin defining what & how we post.

The simple fact is - don't like NMP? Don't like how Admin want us to be on here? Tough, it's their website, not ours. Otherwise it's like switching X Factor on to moan about X Factor being rubbish.

People challenging behaviour doesn't make them an enabler but some feel that is the case. Some feel blunt is throwing insults at others whereas some believe blunt has never been that.

There is a long thread on Misc about improving NMP and it got us nowhere just as it hasn't on all the threads that preceded it. Some have always said they appreciate a verbal slap whereas some have said they find it unsuitable. I've always taken the view that you have to know the OP will be responsive to bluntness and not reactive to it in a negative way i.e. they won't be hurt, take it as a bad criticism, feel ashamed and turn inwards. Just the same as having a laugh at someone's anxiety, you first ensure they are happy with that or they may find it demeaning or stigmatising.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information