Thread: All day feeling of unease?

All day feeling of unease?

I started getting anxiety back in October, never panic attacks just a feeling of being on edge all day or impending doom. I would have days where it was constant usually due to lack of sleep, or days where it wasn't there at all and I felt normal.

Few weeks back it lifted and I had 2 weeks where I felt totally normal, zero anxiety at all for 2 weeks, I thought I was cured. Then last Sunday for no reason it came back and its been pretty much 24/7, No good days its just there all the time, never gets worse but never gets better either.

I worry it might be depression but I don't feel depressed as such, this is just a general feeling of unease or impending doom and gloom, oh and of course the scary thoughts, the what if's which I think I have got a handle on by not giving them power. Is this anxiety and nothing more sinister? I can't understand why it came back after making such good progress. I mean my diet is 100% clean, I am exercising more than ever, doing CBT, doing the Dare course also.

Any ideas or advice

Re: All day feeling of unease?

Hi,
    Im going through this too at the moment. It's very strange. I can't call them panic attacks but just a feeling of constant dread, worry and anxiousness. I think our brains just overthink everything when in this state. Like you I don't feel depressed or sad, well I do but only because of these feelings. I'd be wonderful without them xx

sounds like anxiety, also sounds like you are kicking its ass at times, what age are you? when you say constant are you not getting any restbite at all?

I think cbt is deffo what you need to be doing as you seem to have semi coping skills from it, you just need to fill your toolbox with more, mindfullness also really really adds power to the mind to stop such attacks.

Dont be worried about how long it stays for as it's deffo anixety.

If your not afraid to tests some people are lucky and its their tyroid causing anxiety, its a small chance its the tyroid but would be great if it was as it would be a quick fix.

Hi, im the same, i can have bad days, like today, and days where i don't have it at all!
    The bad days are always the ones you feel you've gone backwards! I have to keep talking to myself, and i've recently started a journal. It reminds me of the times i've done great and got through!
    X

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1982 View Post
    sounds like anxiety, also sounds like you are kicking its ass at times, what age are you? when you say constant are you not getting any restbite at all?

I think cbt is deffo what you need to be doing as you seem to have semi coping skills from it, you just need to fill your toolbox with more, mindfullness also really really adds power to the mind to stop such attacks.

Dont be worried about how long it stays for as it's deffo anixety.

If your not afraid to tests some people are lucky and its their tyroid causing anxiety, its a small chance its the tyroid but would be great if it was as it would be a quick fix.
    No thyroid was tested and all is fine. I'm 38. It seems to be there 60% of the time. It lifts at various times, usually when I am really engaged in something and out of my head. Problem is you can't force it away, it happens itself. I can't say "right I'm gonna get engaged in this and it will go" no that won't do anything. it only happens when you naturally get engaged in something and forget about it.

I’m the same , from waking it’s there , it does ease off slightly in the evening which is weird but first thing in the morning is absolutely hell and don’t want to go through another day

its strange as doesn’t really affect my sleep , I’m on sleeping pills

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    I’m the same , from waking it’s there , it does ease off slightly in the evening which is weird but first thing in the morning is absolutely hell and don’t want to go through another day

its strange as doesn’t really affect my sleep , I’m on sleeping pills
    It did affect my sleep at the start but as I have become more accepting of it doesn't bother my sleep anymore. Mine will reduce almost go away as the day goes on, its now 1.30pm now and I don't really feel it. It does return slightly towards bedtime though as it used to bother me at night and there is still almost a fear of it still there. But I think just accepting it and getting on with things is the way to kill it eventually.

evenings tend to be a lot better as you have "certainty" the day is ending

mornings are horrible, worse if you stay in the bed, not wanting to get out of the bed to face the day and not being able to stay in it with anxiety, its the most horrible part.

A morning routine is vital, a cup of tea, watching a show, anything so your mind knows whats happening next and it takes a little uncertainty away.

Quote Originally Posted by nianxiousguy View Post
    It did affect my sleep at the start but as I have become more accepting of it doesn't bother my sleep anymore. Mine will reduce almost go away as the day goes on, its now 1.30pm now and I don't really feel it. It does return slightly towards bedtime though as it used to bother me at night and there is still almost a fear of it still there. But I think just accepting it and getting on with things is the way to kill it eventually.
    Hi - how are you getting on? Your last sentence is spot on and also where I get stuck! Anyway - I hope you're doing better!
    Lisa

Thread Information