Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Neuro Worries Or Am I Going Crazy

My Neuro Worries Or Am I Going Crazy

Good morning all.
    Today while shopping I randomly dropped my phone. Just plain fell down. Didn’t seem like I felt it or anything or my brain made a conscious signal, just fell.
    About a year ago a friend of mine went to a neurologist who told her “come back when you start dropping things’ Needless to say I am now quite panicked. It’s not just that I dropped my phone but I’m worried that I’m going to drop something again and this is the beginning of the end. As weird as this is to say I would be OK with MS because I know it is not a death sentence so if this is a symptom of MS fine but what really terrified me is that this could be a symptom of ALS, correct?
    This really sucks I was going to have an enjoyable day with my kids preparing for the holidays and now all I want to do is go to bed and sleep the fear away.

Re: Dropped phone~ panicked it’s neuro

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    Good morning all.
    Today while shopping I randomly dropped my phone. Just plain fell down. Didn’t seem like I felt it or anything or my brain made a conscious signal, just fell.
    About a year ago a friend of mine went to a neurologist who told her “come back when you start dropping things’ Needless to say I am now quite panicked. It’s not just that I dropped my phone but I’m worried that I’m going to drop something again and this is the beginning of the end. As weird as this is to say I would be OK with MS because I know it is not a death sentence so if this is a symptom of MS fine but what really terrified me is that this could be a symptom of ALS, correct?
    This really sucks I was going to have an enjoyable day with my kids preparing for the holidays and now all I want to do is go to bed and sleep the fear away.
    Enjoy Christmas with your kids and dont worry. After you picked your phone back up did you drop it again? Did you have to use your other hand because that one just didnt work anymore? If so then go see a doctor. If your hand is functioning normally (move all your fingers, can pick stuff up with it etc) then you are fine. Think of it like this. Als/mnd kills the signal to your muscles permanently and it never comes back, it's not a on and off disease. R.i.p Stephan Hawkins but you never saw him jump out of his wheelchair on a good day did you? So if your hand is still working as normal it's not Als
    Now go enjoy Christmas and have fun with your kids xx

Thank you for taking the time to reply. While your response makes sense I’m not convinced. In I am very frightened that this is the onset of me starting to drop things over and over again. Yes I can still use my hand and I’ve carried things too since the incident and I seem to have regular strength in my hand. I’m just so upset how this thought can ruin your entire day. We are going on a vacation after Christmas for the first time with our children and All I can think about is how I’m going to ruin the entire thing with my ALS fears and possible diagnosis. I’m on meds and weekly therapy and nothing has helped take away the panic when these health anxiety symptoms arise. I’ve had it all... I even thought I had ALS two months ago because I kept choking, but it resolved. Since then I’ve also had a brain tumor and a MS. Each time I am utterly convinced that this is real this time. Right now I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I probably do have ALS and will ruin Christmas and our long-awaited vacation, then die and leave my two young children. ...

Dropping things

Re: Dropping things

You were shopping. Your mind was shopping. Your hand decided to shop and your phone dropped

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry to be brutal, but what you really need to be worried about is passing your anxiety on to your kids.

Why resign yourself to something that almost certainly won't happen? People drop stuff all the time.

Re: Dropping things

FMP, that's practically Dr. Seuss!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry to be brutal, but what you really need to be worried about is passing your anxiety on to your kids.

Why resign yourself to something that almost certainly won't happen? People drop stuff all the time.
    Yup.. apple and Samsung probably wouldn't be in buisness if people didnt drop there phones 😂

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. While your response makes sense I’m not convinced. In I am very frightened that this is the onset of me starting to drop things over and over again. Yes I can still use my hand and I’ve carried things too since the incident and I seem to have regular strength in my hand. I’m just so upset how this thought can ruin your entire day. We are going on a vacation after Christmas for the first time with our children and All I can think about is how I’m going to ruin the entire thing with my ALS fears and possible diagnosis. I’m on meds and weekly therapy and nothing has helped take away the panic when these health anxiety symptoms arise. I’ve had it all... I even thought I had ALS two months ago because I kept choking, but it resolved. Since then I’ve also had a brain tumor and a MS. Each time I am utterly convinced that this is real this time. Right now I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I probably do have ALS and will ruin Christmas and our long-awaited vacation, then die and leave my two young children. ...
    Not als if your hands back to normal.. it just doesnt work like that. Health anxiety is a horrible illness I also have it. Iv had everything from meningitis to chlorine poisoning lol I can laugh my head off at it now but at the time it was very real. I'm currently in the als rabbit hole with my tounge twitching and il look back at this and probably laugh in the future. I cant take meds because of the side effects (all SSRIs cause the same one for me) and if never done therapy. But seriously dont let this ruin Christmas or your holiday. One day we will all die life is a one way ticket I'm afraid but the only thing you will regret is the time wasted on health anxiety I can assure you of that.. that thought really helps me. But from your symptoms I diagnose you as absolutely fine so go enjoy your life

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information