Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Neuro Worries Or Am I Going Crazy

Re: Dropped phone~ panicked it’s neuro

Come on LilyLab - what are you going to do to address this anxiety?

anyway I’ll answer your question seeing as brain tumours were my obsession for 7 years.

I think your friends neurologist worded his advice very poorly indeed - if he truly
    meant for people who drop things to go and see him, the entire forum (and world) would have to flock to their neurologist.

I kept dropping my pen today, and don’t ask me how many times I’ve dropped my phone.

it’s only when you go to grasp something and your arm simply doesn’t work that you need to see a doctor. By that meaning you’d go to grasp the object but your hand wouldn’t respond. Again other symptoms would accompany this.

I think you know you’re fine...

good luck

Judging by the number of cracked screens I see, people dropping their phones is very common, indeed. It makes sense, though, our hands weren't meant to hold flat, rectangular objects made of slippery plastic.

You know what they say...

Shop til you drop!

Memory and fear of going crazy

It's been something new every day. ALS, brain tumor, dropping things, etc. etc.
    Today I looked at my digital clock and didn't immediately register what 6:50 meant... it almost looked like foreign to me for a split second. That scared me and reaffirmed my fear of a BT. Then the intrusive thought came "what if I forget my own children?" and I totally panicked and lost it. Now I feel like I am going to not recognize my own small children and I'm afraid I'm going insane. Has anyone else had this type experience? I see my psychologist in an hour and put a call into my psychiatrist to talk about meds. I'm very scared.

Am I going crazy?

I have a strange thought this morning that I would not recognize my own children. This put me into a complete panic attack. This was triggered by me looking at the clock and not really recognizing the time until a second or two. Is this an intrusive thought? I am afriad I'm going crazy or have psychosis or something. I have a diagnosis of GAD & OCD (health related)

Re: Am I going crazy?

Yes, it's an intrusive thought. Acknowledge it and then let it float past.

Re: Memory and fear of going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    It's been something new every day. ALS, brain tumor, dropping things, etc. etc.
    Today I looked at my digital clock and didn't immediately register what 6:50 meant... it almost looked like foreign to me for a split second. That scared me and reaffirmed my fear of a BT. Then the intrusive thought came "what if I forget my own children?" and I totally panicked and lost it. Now I feel like I am going to not recognize my own small children and I'm afraid I'm going insane. Has anyone else had this type experience? I see my psychologist in an hour and put a call into my psychiatrist to talk about meds. I'm very scared.
    You do know this has nothing to do with a BT right? And is rooted in anxiety. When you just wake up its normal for things to not register.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

Also as you are posting a lot and appear to be worrying about a lot of things it would be helpful if you restrained yourself to one post.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Confusion and forgetting how to tell time.... This doesn't have anything to do with a BT? I happened 2x today, when I looked again around 7:50, I also had to concentrate on what exactly that mean. Never had anything like that before. It's like I was reading something foreign.
    Scared.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    Confusion and forgetting how to tell time.... This doesn't have anything to do with a BT? I happened 2x today, when I looked again around 7:50, I also had to concentrate on what exactly that mean. Never had anything like that before. It's like I was reading something foreign.
    Scared.
    No it has nothing to do with a BT. It means nothing. Quit attaching meaning to things that have no meaning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information