Thread: Don't know the difference between a lump and normal breast tissue

Don't know the difference between a lump and normal breast tissue

Hi everyone, I was giving myself a breast examination like I do every month. This time however I could feel something but can't really say if it is a lump or not I really have no idea. I don't remember feeling it last time but I don't think i felt the breast as thorough last time. I have suffered from HA in the past and was on sertraline for about a year. My HA isn't as bad because I've changed my mind set about how I think about things relating to health and have managed to keep calm in situations i would normally panic and freak out about.
    Initially this panicked me but I'm rationalising things and know that if this is something it can be dealt with and there are people to help me.
    The thing im most worried about is calling my gp on Monday about it because I'm worried she is going to dismiss my fears as HA because she knows my history and was the one to put me on sertraline in the first place.
    Regarding the breast I can't tell what it is. I don't know if it's a lump, breast tissue or muscle it's so confusing and scary. It doesn't feel rock hard but because I can't feel the same kind of thing on the other side and it's slightly different its worrying me. Not great having all this on me just before Christmas :( feeling low but trying not to let the HA win.

Re: Don't know the difference between a lump and normal breast tissue

Breast tissue is always a bit lumpy, and your boobs aren’t identical twins. I have fibrocystic tissue (extra lumpy/dense breast tissue) especially in one breast. Young women in particular tend to have this issue. It’s not dangerous.

Re: Don't know the difference between a lump and normal breast tissue

Get your Dr to do a baseline check then you can take it from there. You'll know whats normal then.

Thread Information