Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

Some women feel like shit during peri, if their bodies are sensitive to hormonal changes. I know how hard it is, I am there myself.

You keep searching, and have done for 11 years now according to your history on the forum, for something else ! There doesn't have to be anything else, peri and ME are enough. You know what, if you reduce you anxiety, practice acceptance that everything could be part of those conditions (as tests show) and buy some books on things you can do to help yourself during the process of 'the change' things could be a bit easier ?!

Read that article, read it a few times......
    Last edited by Carys; 17-01-20 at 20:09.

Thanks.

...and what do you think, about the Guardian article ? and what I've talked about ?

I can relate to alot of it. If it is hormonal why do I feel worse all of a sudden because my hormones have been out of whack for a few years? I've never felt like this in the 10 years of being on here.

....because....

'out of whack' doesn't stay the same out of whack, peri is a process and throughout it things keep changing and altering. Peri for me now is not what it was 8 years ago, there are stages and each stage brings its own challenges. Of course some people sail through it with minimal discomfort, or none at all. The definitive stages outlined in this process can take a few months, or a few years (STRAW it is called) and I have no idea where your doctor thinks you are on those stages, but for all you know you might be close to periods stopping ?

You are allowing the anxiety to take control, which is another reason you are feeling so bad; anxiety is a major symptom of peri, and can be hormonal in origin, but you can help with your response to it. I have panic for no reason at all, a purely physical type of adrenaline panic for 2 days before a period, if one happens - I have night sweats, aching, twitching, exhaustion, constipation,appetite changes (up and down and up and down), insomnia, dy skin, itching....blah blah blah...I could write a long list and I'm not alone in that I'm sure many others here could too.....BUT the difference between me and you is that I know its hormonal change whilst you are chasing other diagnoses. I know that it is part of the changes that are happening to me, you don't believe it is, so its making you more and more anxious and feel worse and worse.

Go and get the HRT. You have been offered it, and in my eyes you are fortunate to have that offer - I can't personally have it (though I desperately need it). Start doing some reading on this stage of life as well would be my advice. You will find out a lot about things you can do to help the symptoms and ways to make life more pleasant whilst things are changing. I 've had to do that as I have to go through this 'au naturel' and I am someone who was told 20 years ago that HRT would be critical for me during the change due to hormonal problems I have. So, if I can do it and try and take control as best I can, then so can you....
    Last edited by Carys; 17-01-20 at 21:30.

Sorry i can't cope with feeling like this. Body feels all tense and anxious 24/7, zero appetite, bloated, fatigued, headache and cant get up in mornings.

Well, I've said all I can say; which you've not actually replied to anyway or even made mention of, its as if I've whistled into the wind.
    Last edited by Carys; 19-01-20 at 16:28.

I am grateful for your replies. I'm going to drs in the morning about HRT. Its just so hard when feeling like this to think straight and rationally. Just keep trying to reassure myself my bloods were ok apart from hormones.

Why not just make a routine appointment, zippy? You don't need to be seen urgently.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information