Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

But health anxiety does make people selfish, or at least behave selfishly! The reason I got over mine was because I couldn't live with myself for how badly I was treating my poor husband. The fear gets under your skin and makes you neglect your friends and loved ones.

Tea and sympathy only go so far, and there are people who've been on this forum for well over a decade with exactly the same problems.

I don't want to be one of them, and I hope the OP here doesn't want to be one of them either.

Where does it say 'selfish' ? Where is the googling stuff ? However, I would add, HA is a 'self centred' mental health position. I only got over mine by throwing myself into talking to others, helping others, trying to empathise with others. It is terribly draining on everyone around the person and when everything you can think of has been tried....what then ?

Lizee I appreciate that you don't like the tone of some posts (don't know which they were?), but you need to understand that everyone else on here is also probably having mental health problems themselves, and it is incredibly difficult to try and deal with someone like Zippy who has been on here for 14 years saying the same things over and over. She has had limitless support for those 14 years and sometimes there is nothing more to say, except home truths.

I understand I have been on here for 14yrs but I honestly feel different this time. Just because it hasn't been anything serious over the years doesnt me it can't be this time. I've never felt so ill and tired in my life. Only thing ive had done is bloods.

OK Zippy, I hear what you are saying - but what is your doctor (GP) saying to you about your symptoms ?

Blaming it on hormones and anxiety after having bloods done.

....but Zippy, that is what I think too and do you not think its entirely possible ? (after having had bloods done). You need to do some reading on how awful some women feel in peri, and read back this thread where I gave you the link to someone who said 'I felt like I was dying' due to the symptoms. I think you need to do some reading, get a book on meno changes and how they affect women. You keep searching and searching and saying 'this time I am ill' but this seems to be without actually reading up on the vast array of physical and mental conditions that affect women at this stage in life. Go onto

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php

.....and talk to them, read on there, get an opinion from those struggling also.

Would something show on bloods I.e fbc ?

What is fbc ? OH full blood count, what do you mean by something ? Anything that needed further investigation ? I think that surely must be a question for your GP, drop them a line and ask that.

Yes full blood count and yes anything that needed further investigation. I had fbc, liver, kidneys, cholesterol and hormones done all ok except hormones. Had them done 4 months ago too before I felt like this so hoping my bloods would have changed or something amiss since.

How about practising acceptance?

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information