Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Fishmanpa. I know you've had head and neck cancer and recovered. This is something I think I have. What else can cause these symptoms that I have. Sharp stabbing pains in left ear, left side headache, left side pressure side of nose, left eye watery and red, left neck ache, feel like glands/nodes up, sore throat at night, night sweats. Would anything show up in the bloods ive had done? Had these symptoms for 3 - 4 months with no let up.
    See, this is exactly why people are suggesting that you’re almost comfortable in your “I’m unwell” mindset.

People are trying to get you to engage and really challenge your anxiety but you’re just brushing past that and focusing on more symptoms.

FMP’s response to you had nothing to do with head and neck cancers yet you’ve completely disregarded everything he wrote and asked him about his previous health issues.

Are you even going to try, seriously?

Fishmanpa. I know you've had head and neck cancer and recovered. This is something I think I have. What else can cause these symptoms that I have. Sharp stabbing pains in left ear, left side headache, left side pressure side of nose, left eye watery and red, left neck ache, feel like glands/nodes up, sore throat at night, night sweats. Would anything show up in the bloods ive had done? Had these symptoms for 3 - 4 months with no let up.
    Zippy, I'm not even going to go there with you. I do want you to think about something though... based on the age of your daughters and the time you've been here on the forum, do you realize that you've been suffering since they were 5 and 6yo? Probably longer as I believe your anxiety has been an issue longer than you've been a member. Think about that for a moment.

You mentioned CFS. It is a real physical malady and while it's documented as causing physical symptoms and measurable changes to ones physiology, it doesn't have an actual physical cause. Its like fibromyalgia in that sense. My ex suffered from it. She also suffered from severe depression and other psychological issues.

IMO, your physical issues are rooted in your psychological issues. As I've said here countless times, treat the real issue and you treat the symptoms associated with them.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry for being a pain. I just feel like I need reassurance all the time. I just wish I could shake having cancer until my cbt appointment comes through.

Sorry for being a pain. I just feel like I need reassurance all the time. I just wish I could shake having cancer until my cbt appointment comes through.
    You can shake it, the problem is that you just keep insisting that you can’t. It’s a tough task, no doubt, but you have to try and take that first step.

A huge part of that is resisting the temptation to seek reassurance. How can you ever distract yourself from thoughts of having cancer when you keep raising the subject and making it a point of conversation?

You are giving these fears far more credit than they deserve.

Well put, Gary.

The trick is to pointedly set the cancer thoughts aside when they come up, even if you have to do it hundreds of times an hour.

Cant shake this at all. Blow my nose its always got blood in it, acid reflux and the node or gland in my necks getting bigger . I'm shattered and I look awful.

Heads awful again, left side blood in nostril everyday, eyes feel tired and strained, sweating through night. Something going on with my nose/head etc.

Heads awful again, left side blood in nostril everyday, eyes feel tired and strained, sweating through night. Something going on with my nose/head etc.
    Thanks for the update, let us know when you decide to try and tackle your anxiety.

I understand where your coming from regarding the anxiety but you arent living with these horrendous symptoms daily with no let up.

How do you know he isn't, Zippy? How do you know that any of us aren't?

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread Information