Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

Yeah, the HRT discussion doesn't need to be urgent !....anyway its my opinion that it alone won't be enough. Your HA mindset has been ingrained for many years prior to peri and some major work on controlling the anxiety state will also be needed.

I am grateful for your replies.
    OK.

I agree. Not sure this is about hormones, more the rigid HA mindset and catastrophising every perceived ailment into something sinister. Also resistance to evidence that rules out physical illness.

I'm not sure either, but I reckon if the GP has already offered and thinks it could be useful ?! She's clearly not coping with the peri symptoms and some do start HRT at this stage for mental and physical health reasons, mind, with the right mindset they can be coped with/and have to be by many. Hard to know isn't it when Zippy already had out of control HA before peri. Well, thats something she can talk about I guess. Over to Zippy now to take control, do some reading, have some discussions, find some help for her anxiety state......cos one thing is for sure theres no point sitting all day and saying 'it can't be coped with'.

Taking hormones will just be another minefield though with untreated HA.

Between all the scare stories in the newspapers and the potential effects on mood, I think it'd be a risky move at best.

I guess it depends how badly your mood is affected and what blood tests show for oestrogen or progesterone levels ? When I had true sudden oestrogen depletion twice in my life (something went wrong after birth and during tamoxifen) I was so ill mentally and physically that it was worse than having a cancer diagnosis (and I won't go into details of how bad mentally but the first time I was taken to a psychi unit for 6 months and the second time was heading that way) and I can truly tell you that I nearly didn't 'make it' - the rarity of my responses were high though and my sensitivity to hormone changes extraordinary. For some HRT can be a life-saver, but thats for the doctor to test for and know and for them to monitor and determine how much is HA and how much is meno symptoms.

It indeed could be that Zippy's symptoms are no worse than most other peri women, and due to her HA she simply can't cope and rationalise them - I don't know the answer to that but I appreciate that you guys are giving the alternative perspective on HRT and taking into account that it can be badly prescribed, without follow-up, and cause additional problems for some women. If her GP takes necessary bloods before prescription, and monitors levels (as should be done ideally) then all should be ok ?!? Of course, Zippy's hot sweats and twitching and this and that could be sorted by the HRT and then she literally moves onto another illness as she has done for all these long years of NMP. I don't know the answer to Zippy's situation, but I know that having been on a meno forum for years, there are some for whom it is fantastic and some for whom it doesn't work. Maybe I presumed I was seeing my situation in Zippy when she said 'I feel like I'm dying' , maybe her situation isn't the same - I don't know. I do take on board the points you are making P and B.

I would say to Zippy to proceed with caution and the continued advice and monitoring of your GP, if the descision is made to have HRT and to be clear - it is her own GP who has made this suggestion a few times before. Also, I don't think it will be the big 'curer' of everything and the patterns of HA will persist and need work anyway.
    Last edited by Carys; 20-01-20 at 09:53.

I've been to see the gp this morning and my blood pressure was high so she can't give me it yet. Have to get it re checked in 2 weeks.

Sorry to keep posting but I have to on this one otherwise it gets moved. I felt so so this morning and its first time for ages ive fancied something to eat. I had cereal and ever since I've felt awful, nausea, brain fog, feel like I could be sick. How can you make a conscious effort to try and then feel this bad with eating cereal.

Shattered.

2-3 months ive felt like this. I've usually got over it by now. I'm getting worse, I've looked back at my old posts and I can't see anything that matches what I'm feeling now. I'm absolutely shattered, constantly nauseous, loose bowels,constantly sweating, pains in neck/back/ left ovary area, irritable, depressed, anxious. If even the fatigue or nausea would give me a break.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information