Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

It's part of being a human being and not dead.

Are you going to actually take some recommended Advice and go to the forum on menomatters and READ about the symptoms people have ? Get some anxiety books and read on the symptoms people have ?

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I just think how can I have so many pains and symptoms in so many different places.
    You've had these pains for years now and you're still here (with normal bloods) so what does that tell you?

(I know that this time it's different..)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Are you going to actually take some recommended Advice and go to the forum on menomatters and READ about the symptoms people have ? Get some anxiety books and read on the symptoms people have ?
    I doubt it very much but it would be good if I were proved wrong.

I do feel different this time but when I look back I always say it. I've never had pains like this in my ovary area, hurts when i walk, when I'm doing nothing. Stabbing pains, spasms etc all in one side.

Re: Laryngeal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by LizeeeH View Post
    I find some replies to this thread quite nasty, simply because probably "googling" is how people found this site.

HA is all about fear and to call someone selfish is quite alarming. I have HA and years ago I "googled" and found this forum, you dont have to google, nowadays their are so many TV programmes that can put your HA into overdrive! I found comfort on here because I was chatting with people with the same issues and for the first time I was not alone and didn't feel I was going mad! So if you can't be honest and tell people how you feel on here, especially about googling, then what is the purpose of a HA forum?
    Before you come to judge the replies, reviewing the thread/post history can offer insight as to why the replies are short, blunt and to the point. The replies, advice, suggestions and reassurance have been going on for well over a decade and sadly, little has changed. The solution is to control the urge to reply. We all fail at this at times.

Concerning the purpose? IMHO, the forum is aptly named "No More Panic", not "Tea and Sympathy" for a reason. We all know that reassurance is short lived if it even makes a difference at all. The forum is chock full of examples that back up that fact and mental health professionals would affirm that as well.

While I do think there are some serial posters that are masters of manipulation and know how to garner reactions and replies, I believe that the inherent nature of HA and mental illness turns one inwards and is very self-focused. It's the nature of the dragon. While I think the forum can be beneficial for some, it can also be a detriment to those who have allowed the dragon to run rampant in their lives over the years.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My original symptom of left side twitching cheek, eye feels inflamed, left side head and face feels swollen and like ive been punched have came back. All down my left feels inflamed. If it was a brain t would I have detiorated in over 3 months and would it present like this?

When I had extreme HA fears in my early 20s, and was actually hospitalised I believed I had loss of sensation on the whole left side of my body. I was 'collapsing' and 'unable' to use it, it hurt down that side and felt like it wasn't in my control - it was my belief at the time was that I had a brain tumour causing all these symptoms on the left side. The more I believed it, the worse it got until I 'couldn't move it'. I lay there waiting to die one night on a hospital bed, thinking it was about to happen. As it happened, I didn't (ta da!!). There are people around in wheelchairs who have nothing physcially wrong with them, but for mental health reasons are 'unable' to move. The human mind is the most powerful thing on the planet.
    Let me elaborate on this post from 2 days ago. My left eye was scrunched closed, there was pain behind my left eye, numbness on my left side of my face etc etc along with everything I talked about above , Zippy, can you not see the similarity ?

I can't make my cheek twitch in same place surely? I can't understand that the twitching stopped for a month then come back IN SAME PLACE.

Zippy, the reason why this feels frustrating is because when people make replies to you, its as if they've not written anything and are invisible. You are surely reading them (?) but there is no reference to anything the other person said.

I can't make my cheek twitch in same place surely? I can't understand that the twitching stopped for a month then come back IN SAME PLACE

Well of COURSE you can ! Tell that to my thigh that does it on and off in the same muscle for a few weeks, then stops, then a few weeks more. Tell that to my left eye that did it for a whole year, stopping and starting. Infact, my whole freaking body randomly here and there for 2 weeks a month. Twitching muscles can be from holding muscles tensely, and the chances are once a muscles and nerves are fatigued and 'jittery' it will happen in the same place again. Do you really think you are so different to many other women in peri suffering the same - because I can tell you that you aren't !!

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread Information