Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Laryngeal cancer.

I don't think there's anything selfish about what he posted, he has a concern, and he brought it up to a SUPPORT forum. I honestly think it's incredibly ignorant to chastise somebody who suffers from HA, which has loads of overlap with OCD tendencies, for Googling. Telling someone to simply "stop Googling" is about as effective as telling someone with HA to "just relax".

If ignoring our HA/obsessive tendencies were that easy, I assume the traffic on this site would be much much lower. Why don't you suggest some actual strategies to avoid reassurance seeking or obsessive checking, rather than throwing a bizarre accusation of promoting health anxiety on behalf of a widely available search engine to someone who needs help?

Thanks Gary A for the nice words. Had my bloods took 2 1/2 months ago and all ok apart from menopause.

Nah, I think I’ve offered this poster enough advice etc over the years they’ve posted here. At a certain point you need to start putting it into practice.

You reckon it’s a bizarre accusation, would you also be willing to bet this post hasn’t set alarm bells ringing in other posters? Perhaps other posters who actually do take advice and are proactive?

Do you suffer with HA?

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Do you suffer with HA?
    For the past year I’ve been battling depression. Ok, it’s not HA, but it’s a mental illness that affects me every day and without actively trying to battle it I’m not really sure I would still even be here.

That’s why I can’t understand why anyone would want to just constantly reassurance seek and get pats on the back. I mean, it’s nice and all, but does it really fight the problem?

Do you suffer with HA?
    Yes, for my entire life and everytime I see someone freaked out and spiraling because of Google when I know for a fact they know better I'm responding pointing that out, it's a clear reminder and example to anyone reading... DON'T GOOGLE.

If it stops one person, it's worth it.

Gary brings up an excellent point, the googler brings that sh*t here.. way to go :-/
    🤬

I obviously cant help it. I always think if i dont go drs this time it will be. The lump in my eye set it off ive had over 6 weeks. I'm scared to go drs.

I obviously cant help it.
    That's BS.

What's BS ?

Zippy, you have to learn to sit with the discomfort that comes from avoiding Google. I've been there and done that, it's horribly tough but it gets easier and it really is the only way.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information