Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

The CFS?

Yes it was.

Zippy, not sure what's going on here but you're giving every impression of a person who's comfortable in the sick role and actively doesn't want to have to recover and face the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Zippy, not sure what's going on here but you're giving every impression of a person who's comfortable in the sick role and actively doesn't want to have to recover and face the world.
    This has been brought up on other serial threads. The effect mental illness affects a person in real life can vary from a minor annoyance to incapacitating. While we see only a window into that life, one wonders to what extent it affects a person. Just based on the thread and post history, it would be easy to assume this affects Zippy as well as others rather profoundly in real life.

I don't know if "comfortable" is the right word as the negative effects of panic and the kinds of mental spirals we see written here in great detail would hardly be "comfortable". It seems to be a habitual addictive behavior that stems from the loss of logical thought processes due to something deep rooted. Reassurance is the fix.

Anyway... just rambling and pondering why some cannot be helped... These are just words on a screen

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-02-20 at 00:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You're right. Comfortable isn't really the right word. I know from experience that when you're deep down the rabbit hole it can feel like a twisted sort of safe space, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're right. Comfortable isn't really the right word. I know from experience that when you're deep down the rabbit hole it can feel like a twisted sort of safe space, though.
    You're right as well.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I do think you've taken refuge in a "poorly" mindset which you want to protect but which ultimately makes you miserable and depressed? Being inactive in itself is a health risk, more of one than the illnesses you fear you have. It's always possible to recover and get your life back, zippy? I'm sure your daughters would love to see you happier but you do have to put in the mental work and you have that chance with your therapy.

I'm not inactive I walk my dog twice a day. I do on average about 8000 steps a day.

You're mentally inactive, though - you've said yourself that you don't do anything to engage yourself intellectually.

Fishmanpa. I know you've had head and neck cancer and recovered. This is something I think I have. What else can cause these symptoms that I have. Sharp stabbing pains in left ear, left side headache, left side pressure side of nose, left eye watery and red, left neck ache, feel like glands/nodes up, sore throat at night, night sweats. Would anything show up in the bloods ive had done? Had these symptoms for 3 - 4 months with no let up.

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information