Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Spiralling

Have you considered re-training, in that case? I'm not having a go at you, it just sounds to me as though you're in real need of more stimulation than you're currently getting.

When I was unemployed, my anxiety was almost completely unmanageable, plus I wasn't rational enough to get myself proper help.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    No not unfit to work by me. I worked as a post lady for 17 1/2 yrs walking miles in all weather's. I got finished by the works dr because i kept having to stop off in the beginning due to illness. So I got medically finished. My point is if i see different drs in my practice unless I tell them I have it it doesn't automatically pop up on the screen SHE HAS M.E.
    I'm far from looking for sympathy even if it looks like it.
    Well it should, your medical records should absolutely contain that information. Every visit to your GP is noted and stored, so if that’s not on there then I have to ask why. How can a physician correctly diagnose you when a huge part of your medical history is missing?

So you’re not looking for sympathy, fine, so again I ask, what are you looking for? Perhaps we could all understand you better if you made that clear rather than just constantly repeating that you don’t feel well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Well it should, your medical records should absolutely contain that information. Every visit to your GP is noted and stored, so if that’s not on there then I have to ask why. How can a physician correctly diagnose you when a huge part of your medical history is missing?

So you’re not looking for sympathy, fine, so again I ask, what are you looking for? Perhaps we could all understand you better if you made that clear rather than just constantly repeating that you don’t feel well.
    TBF Gary I have been in the same situation at a really bad practice. A different doctor each time and they made no effort to read my records and simply dealt with the particular issue I went in with. I was constantly having to remind them of long standing underlying issues. That is one of the main reasons that I changed practices and what a difference it has made.

I think Zippy, in all honesty, you should try and be consistent with the GP that you see. It doesn't provide continuity of care, and you end up with them missing important factors in your medical history. I don't think you've tried to cover anything up here, I think its just a case of needing consistency.

Hi Zippy, sorry you’re not feeling well.
    I’ve been having persistent various symptoms for nearly two months now, after a break from my HA for 2 years.
    I won’t go into too much detail of what the symptoms were, but it has been all sorts and not just ‘typical’ anxiety sensations, like even today I have woken up with a heavy and foggy head feeling (I know these symptoms are textbook)

Anyway I just wanted to say that I went so far deep into a rut that only 2 wks ago I was laying in bed 24/7 sobbing uncontrollably, convinced I was dying of various serious illnesses, up until I couldn’t take it anymore and to cut a long story short (again won’t go into details) I ended up being taken away by police/paramedics in ambulance and ultimately losing my new job.

I couldn’t look at my phone or speak to anyone, I couldn’t bear to look at social media because I would be crying my eyes out thinking that I had it worse than everyone else, or how unfair it was they can be normal and I have to feel like this... seeing your post now makes me realise how wrong I was...

I didn’t tell you all of the above for sympathy... I just wanted to remind you you are not alone as much as you feel you are, I have constant on going symptoms (which have also been checked over by multiple doctors & nurses) even when I think I’ve had a ‘good’ day, as soon as they start again I feel like bursting into tears all over again. I’m not ‘better’ by any means and (if I wasn’t so obsessed with wanting people to like me and be nice to me, lol,) I’d have 1000 posts on here seeking reassurance just like you seem to.

Again I just wanted to share my recent experience in the hope you... idk.. maybe feel you can relate or it reminds you you are not alone. That’s all! I think it’s great you get out to walk the dog each day, I find going on walks very helpful, maybe you could extend the dog walk a little bit, just walk a bit further or a different route? Small steps n all that

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat.

Elise x

Dr phoned yesterday. My ANA was positive, rheumatoid factor was high, raised esr and ccp was raised. Referring me to a rheumatologist.

6 months and still no better. I've constantly got a sore throat, sores in my mouth, ear pain, lymph nodes up, cheek and head pressure and pain. Had my tonsils out 15 yrs ago but where my left one was there was always a bit left. It feels rock hard. Everytime i swallow my left ear hurts.

Maybe it is time to go back to the doctors and ask about it all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm waiting to see a rheumatologist.

Well that won't be any time soon though will it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread Information