Thread: PVCs Back with a Vengeance

PVCs Back with a Vengeance

So about 10 years ago I started to get Premature Ventricular Contractions otherwise known as PVCs . I went to the ER numerous times and Cardialogists who did all the heart test and everything came back normal. I was going a month where I nearly had them 24 hours a day. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can feel every one a big skip feeling in my chest along with a feeling of having to take a extra breath everytime one hits. Fortunately after a while they went away for the most part with the odd one here and there. Fast forward to last week I woke up on Tuesday and was getting the PVCs ever minute sometimes 3 a minute and they haven't let up since. Its freaking me out that I'm having the symptoms again. I'm scared theres something wrong with me I dont want to run to the ER againjust for them to look at me like I'm crazy. But I'm worried and need some calming down. Anybody else deal with these?

Re: PVCs Back with a Vengeance

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh man I know how scary PVCs can be. I’m literally going through the same thing but for the first time. I started getting frequent PVCs about a month or so ago and they’ve gotten to the point where I’d get them every other minute and like you I can feel every single one! It’s a big thump and makes me want to cough and catch my breath every time. Of course like you I was in and out of the ER a couple times convinced I had some terrible heart problem and that I was going to drop dead at any moment. Terrifying!

I also like you went to a cardiologist. I’m not sure what tests they’ve run for you but they did the basic stuff for me ECG, echocardiogram, and 24 hour holter. All of which were normal and the 24 hour holter showed PVCs. My cardiologist said they’re benign but I know it’s hard to accept that when you can feel every single one.

I wanted to share an awesome YouTube video by a cardiologist who speaks to this and it always gives me some comfort to hear. It’s almost like he’s talking right to us health worriers haha and he has some good tips on reducing the PVCs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiAVO7mGuo

Hope this gives you a little comfort and hang in there stay strong it’s what I’m trying to do as well. Bottom line if you have a structurally normal heart and have seen the ER and cardiologist the PVCs are benign, annoying and scary maybe, but benign. We just have to accept that .

This is a fantastic video and very helpful

Thread Information