Thread: Blood pressure results !!

Blood pressure results !!

Hi all so to cut a long story short I went to the doctors last week as everytime I wiped my nose hard I would bleed a little, she said she couldn’t see anything however just to be on safe side she decided to check my blood pressure which was high she checked it 3 times and we came out with an average of 153/127 she said to her it feels like white coat syndrome due to my health anxiety. She arranged for me to get a 24hr monitor and take readings every morning and evening as well and submit them. Since I started monitoring At home it has give down considerably the top number goes down to normal and the bottom one is still high but under 100 now. I rang doctors today and asked if my 24hr monitor results are here and she said yes they were and that I need to book a ‘ rotuine ‘ appointment , she couldn’t tell me anything more and now my health anxiety is through the roof, am I right to think if the levels were really bad they’d wanna see me straight away? And not wait till new year ? And reassuring words will be helpful I’m assuming routine means non urgent and can wait ?

Re: Blood pressure results !!

If you were in any danger they wouldn't wait. Short term high blood pressure is generally not anything to be concerned about, unless it goes beyond a certain point (which you're definitely not at), or if you are already high risk (other medical conditions, age, etc). Even then it's probably not imminently dangerous. Your doc is well qualified to make these judgements. You'll be fine.

Re: Blood pressure results !!

Yup, routine is good news. They don't tend to mess around when it comes to blood pressure. If your numbers were concerning they'd have you in straight away.

I'm exactly the same. My BP at home is on average 118/75. My BP when I visit my GP can be as high as 180/100. The GP laughs every time and says "yup, you don't like coming to see me do you?"

You're absolutely fine, hun.

Thread Information