Thread: Freaking out because of Splinter hemorrhages!

Freaking out because of Splinter hemorrhages!

For the past month/month and a half i keep on getting splinter hemorrhages on my finger nails and it's freaking me out.
    Some of them are painful when i first get them. Articles on google mention that they're usually not painful and if they are, it's because of some horrific systemic disease (endocarditis, vasculitis, lupus and others)
    I have them on 4 fingers nails now. I do remember hitting 2 fingers but not the other 2. (trauma is also a cause)

I have had this in the past, especially in winter months. I never worried about them as i didn't research too much. I just saw endocarditis which i was pretty sure i didn't have so i ignored them but now i don't know why i started to look it up online.

Does anyone else gets this? Should I be worried?

Re: Freaking out because of Splinter hemorrhages!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticcat View Post
    Articles on google

horrific systemic disease (endocarditis, vasculitis, lupus and others)
    Another Googler bites the dust.

I’ve lost count of the amount of splinter hemhorrages I’ve had over the years! Tight shoes (for toenails) excessive typing (for fingernails) are the cause of mine I’m pretty sure. Like you, I obsessed. But Years later I’m still here so I don’t even think about them. My ex-boyfriend was a hair dresser and got them quite often. He used to think it was hairs caught under the fingernails until I told him what they were and he said ‘that makes sense, my fingers are working overtime at the salon!’

I hope this helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Another Googler bites the dust.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    Fishman, I saw Queen with Freddy Mercury, I went reluctantly and left a fan. Soooo good!

Fishman, I saw Queen with Freddy Mercury, I went reluctantly and left a fan. Soooo good!
    You actually got to see them? Wow.... I've seen some historic concerts in my day but never got to see Queen live.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Super jealous. Queen would have been awesome. LOVED Pink Floyd though, Delicate Sound of Thunder. Best concert I have been to.

And to the OP, if you had ANY of those other things, you would be sick as a dog. I have a friend with lupus, I have to watch for endocarditis per surgeon's orders, and my dad had vaculitis. Splinter hemmorages are the least of your problems when dealing with any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You actually got to see them? Wow.... I've seen some historic concerts in my day but never got to see Queen live.
    Yes!! And I didn't want to go because I didn't really like them.. lol.

Woah... mind blown. They were incredible.

I loved going to concerts in my young years, tickets were under $15 and some under $10. Got to see many greats.. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Van Halen with David Lee Roth.. I could go on :-)

Yes!! And I didn't want to go because I didn't really like them.. lol.

Woah... mind blown. They were incredible.

I loved going to concerts in my young years, tickets were under $15 and some under $10. Got to see many greats.. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Van Halen with David Lee Roth.. I could go on :-)
    It's one of the perks of being "chronologically enhanced," as I call it, eh? Wish I had seen Queen though. Missed them. =(

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    It's one of the perks of being "chronologically enhanced," as I call it, eh?
    Yes! My younger son loves the bands from then, he drools when we talk about concerts I've been to. It was just lucky for me.

He's seen many bands of today, but then he went to see Kiss. Immediately texted right from the concert to say, hands down best concert he's ever been to. Tickets.. $150 a piece. That's such a crime, how often can you go at those prices?

Thread Information