Thread: How bad or painful is your muscle tension?

How bad or painful is your muscle tension?

I'm finding it very hard to accept that the extremely painful neck and shoulder tension I'm experiencing can be attributed to anxiety. How painful or stiff do your muscles get? I'm absolutely terrified it's fibromyalgia. I've lived in fear of that illness for over a decade.

Re: How bad or painful is your muscle tension?

Quote Originally Posted by dohertpk View Post
    I'm finding it very hard to accept that the extremely painful neck and shoulder tension I'm experiencing can be attributed to anxiety. How painful or stiff do your muscles get? I'm absolutely terrified it's fibromyalgia. I've lived in fear of that illness for over a decade.
    My shoulder and neck have been agony, to the point it was affecting my vision on the side of the pain and migraines. It's terrible and I've had it for years x

Why would you live in fear of fibromyalgia specifically for over a decade?

In any case, my muscle tension from stress is extremely painful and debilitating. My shoulder tension is directly responsible for historic tinnitus and vertigo.

I'm not sure how I can quantify it to answer 'how bad', there is no standard scale, but often I would give it a 66 out of 10.

Sorry to hijack but I didn't know this was a thing, anxiety could be the reason I've been getting really achey upper back for the last year, especially when stood up in the same place like talking to people, i also get tinnitus which I've never had before.

I've been having the same this year. I've never experienced it before and it's driving me (and my long-suffering wife!) absolutely batty.

Yes me, I've been back on Sertraline since Dec 19 due to my health anxiety and I ache from my neck to my lower back, plus hips and ribs! I was diagnosed with hyperventilation syndrome a few years ago, which ai think comes and goes when I have an anxiety attack 😕

Chronic painful tension in upper abs. Awful. I try all kinds of things to relax- hynosis recordings, relaxation, abdominal breathing, hot baths twice a day, but I feel like I am fighting a losing battle.

I have suffered from such painful neck and shoulder tension. I find that is the first place my body tenses if I am stressed or have any type of anxiety. It gets to the point that my neck is so tight below my scalp and causes tension headaches from time to time.
    Most recently my tension has been manifesting in my back and lower back - it has been such a pain. But what I can say is that yesterday and today I have felt pretty good and guess what, the pain is barely there if at all.
    It is CRAZY how anxiety can manifest and impact our bodies.
    Stay strong, do lots of stretches and drink plenty of water

Quote Originally Posted by dohertpk View Post
    I'm absolutely terrified it's fibromyalgia.
    Why?

Assuming my chronically sore legs are from anxiety alone then my legs have felt as flexible and nimble as wooden spoons for about 2 months now at least. This is in addition to neck tension thats been going on for 6 months. So pretty bad.

Thread Information