Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    Shed be disappointed she's even suggested to stop checking altogether, dropping all safety behaviours but I can't. Not with this ankle.
    Well yes you can stop prodding it because you have actual physical control over your hands (they don't move involuntarily), so it's your choice to do so. You have to get some strength of mind on this and take control.
    A quick glance at you ankle and saying to yourself "yep, that's the same as it was so that's OK" should be enough in one day.

I don’t know if it will help or not but I’ve had a dodgy ankle for going on 2-3 years now. No idea what’s causing it. Some days it’s swollen, some days it’s not. Most days it hurts. I just kept reminding myself of one of FMP’s sayings about cancer being an uncontrolled growth of cells that can’t go up and down. Eventually, I didn’t have to remind myself of that so much and now, it’s only an ankle that hurts. I just chalk it up to the body doing weird crap as I get older lol. You’ll be ok and you’re doing so well with your recovery! Keep it up!!

I had another sort of cancer dream last night I think. I don't remember much of it but were lots of bald people (I really don't mean that to sound derogatory) who may have been monks BUT I do remember someone telling me that took a soft bump in my wrist out that, and I'm worrying in real life about the bump in my ankle. I am do pretty well, I am but I worry these are warning dreams? Does anyone have simular dreams of their worries?

My CBT is generally improving how often I have anxious thoughts and how I deal with them, improving my general mood but the darn ankle. My therapist suggested asking people I know go see if they have a tendon latger than other or whether their feet bones are symmetrical. I've not yet done this.

I had another sort of cancer dream last night I think. I don't remember much of it but were lots of bald people (I really don't mean that to sound derogatory) who may have been monks BUT I do remember someone telling me that took a soft bump in my wrist out that, and I'm worrying in real life about the bump in my ankle. I am do pretty well, I am but I worry these are warning dreams? Does anyone have simular dreams of their worries?
    Again, you are simply kidding yourself if you think you’re “doing pretty well” while at the same time still having to come here for reassurance about this nonsense.

Dreams mean nothing, apart from being an extension of your conscious mind. You think about cancer constantly yet you’re surprised the subject appears in your dreams? Come on now.

I'm doing better in sense that it isn't constant as it was. I'm able to enjoy things I couldn't before but yes, on a subconscious level I do think of the ankle more than I'd like to

I'm doing better in sense that it isn't constant as it was. I'm able to enjoy things I couldn't before but yes, on a subconscious level I do think of the ankle more than I'd like to
    And how long before that’s completely forgotten about to move on to the next thing?

Surely after this long you can look back on all the time you wasted worrying over absolute rubbish and realise that you’re almost certainly wasting your time worrying about this?

Try using this forum for advice on anxiety and not yet more dressed up reassurance seeking.

I had a toilet thing earlier which I know I'd have usually had a meltdown about but I know it's a certain time of my cycle and left it at that. No googling, no checking since. As said before, anything new I'm able to use my CBT with and do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Helen I wish you could entertain a - so what - attitude.

Really.. so what if your ankle hurts.. so what if your legs are a slightly different color... so what if the tips of your nails are yellow.

Anxiety is rooted in fear, what are you so afraid of?
    Helen you must have missed my post ^^^^. Surely you wouldn't ignore it.

Let me ask again.. So what if your ankle hurts?

What are you so afraid of?

Another dream! It was more a dream in a dream like I was analysing a dream I had in my dream. If that makes sense. Dream self was analysing that someone playing with a car meant I had carcinoma.

It's bizarre because I am doing well, I am. My therpaist has said she'd like to sign me off earlier but have requested to stay longer. I'm able to use logic in many ways now but wondering my anxieties are now creeping into my dreams and that tiny part of my remaining HA worries its a sign.

And sorry I missed your reply previously Nancym

Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread Information