Page 70 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

You can't make him responsible for your mental well-being. That's not fair on either of you.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    Logically I understand that makes sense but it's not getting reassurance from partner that drives me mad.
    Good for him. I hope he can stay strong and not enable your HA. He must really care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    Logically I understand that makes sense but it's not getting reassurance from partner that drives me mad.
    Getting reassurance, whether from the internet, friends, family, partner is not going to help you, it will just make the cycle continue.

Your partner is doing the right thing by not giving you reassurance, now you just need to help yourself and stop looking for it. It’s very hard, I know as i’m going through it myself but I’m really noticing a change in my anxiety levels since giving it a go. The more you focus on other things - tasks, things you enjoy, every day normal stuff, and less on your anxious thoughts, you are sending your brain a message that there is nothing to fear.

Try to remember, your anxious thoughts are just thoughts and not reality. Don’t fight against them, that’s just like trying to push a beach ball under water - the more you push, the more it pops back up . Try to accept that the thoughts are there but they aren’t real and they can’t hurt you.
    Last edited by Jo79; 21-05-20 at 22:48.

I'm worrying about breast cancer but hear me out. I check regularly. It's my period today and two dates ago I noticed a tiny pea sized lump that moves. This particular breasts is smaller, practically flat chested so easier for me to feel that I have lumps and humps in general but not sure if this is new. I think I can feel similar on other breast but as its bigger it's not a guarantee. I want to run straight to GP but I'm also cautious of catching covoid. I'm terrified. If I check right breast with right hand I feel it more but if I used opposite hand I feel it less/feels more like the tissue fat. I'm in a mess.

Becca your anxiety has been high for several days now. When you have high anxiety, your mind looks for anything to worry about.

What caused this latest spiral? And don't say your boobs, because that's not it. I mean, what thing in your life stressed you enough that caused your anxiety to flare up?

I suppose the impending reality I may be back at work soon and I'm terrified of the lurking virus. I travel via bus and no way I can walk. I guess it all started when I initially recognised I was feeling happy and carefree and something in me decided that wasn't to be.

My boobs now ache as I've been poking all day. You're supposed to feel with opposite hand aren't you?

So that's what this is about Becca. You are worried about going back to work soon. But the stress from that worry manifests itself in your health anxiety. This has nothing to do with your boobs.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the actual CAUSE of this. What steps can you take to make sure that your bus ride can be more safe?

I've now noticed more prominent blue vein in the same breast I'm worried about. I can't see if i look down but can be very obvious in certain lighting. I'm so terrified

Re: Yellow nails, image attached

In certain lighting everything looks different. Book an appointment tomorrow. Don’t google anything else ok?

I've not yet booked but I'm increasingly obsessive with checking. Some times I don't feel it, other times I do. Some times it's symmetrical with other breast other times it's not. I'm torn between being vigilant and also ocd/anxiety making uncessary trips but also breast lumps need checking right. It moves and feels fatty but it's tiny bit harder but breast is smaller so maybe that's why. I'm going to try and not feel at all today, do a proper check tomorrow and if still there I'll call up Monday.

If it is breast cancer could a week make a difference in being deadly? Ugh.

Page 70 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread Information