Page 36 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, my own comments were out of concern for her child, for any child spent tied up with someone with such an obsessive self-centred mental health condition. It has been tried before with her and others to try and point out to them the impact they are having on their child/children with their behaviour patterns. Helen herself said that her little one is now copying her with touching and checking her (Helen's) body and I stand by my assertion that this all will be having a massive impact on any child. We see the tip of the iceberg with Helen's posts as behind them are hours of body checking and googling, and now hiding upstairs doing it whilst she has a visitor - would that same person be checking and googling in the presence of a child rather than doing other things with them ? yes, I think so. So, whilst I respect that Helen doesn't need to answer about her child, I don't see how trying to get her to understand the impact on that child is off limits ? This condition does have an impact on parenting.

Edited to add -I wasn't saying that the child wasn't being looked after and was left alone somewhere to fend for themselves, I knew Helen was working and just logged in, mine was a more general 'what about the child' comment !

.....and mineeeeeee
    Carys, I also don't think there is anything wrong with discussing mental health impacting on children or other loved ones. The things you highlight here show how her child now copies and that should be a big warning to Reb who now needs to tackle her child's behaviours let alone the future it could take. But I'm guessing Admin were conscious on where this might go because sometimes on these repetitive threads it has come to a frustrated point where it gets judgemental in a way to label people. I don't know if that's the case but I've certainly seen that happen before on this site and been surprised by it.

So, don't take anything I was saying as a negative about your concerns. As someone who has had OCD to the point of being unable to work, function, wash, do my teeth, poo, be in the same room as loved ones, sleep, etc I tend to find arguments about short Tweets a pretty amateurish way to consider how many hours someone is on here and in the past I've found this false argument used to imply someone is severe, when they can hold down areas of life those who are severe and can't function at all, a strange one and at times considered it about misinterpreting the person's problems into something bigger than they are. Just my opinion though.

So, don't take anything I was saying as a negative about your concerns.

Noooooo I don't, its fine, I was replying really to admin post - but I do take on board that the parenting argument could get out of control.

I agree, Terry. I think that the OP has admitted in the past that boredom plays a part in these behaviours. I'm sure those severely affected by HA/anxiety to the point where it significantly restricts their life would love to feel bored and not tormented by circumstances in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I agree, Terry. I think that the OP has admitted in the past that boredom plays a part in these behaviours. I'm sure those severely affected by HA/anxiety to the point where it significantly restricts their life would love to feel bored and not tormented by circumstances in their lives.
    I didn't see where Helen said that, but I can speak to what I think she must mean by it. I didn't have anxiety until after my daughter was born. I quit my job and became a stay at home mom. There is NOTHING worse for my anxiety than being in my house all day with my daughter. I know that sounds terrible as a month, but sitting on the floor pretending to be Elsa for hours on end is MIND NUMBING. With no real mental stimulation my mind was left to wonder into all the invasive anxiety thoughts I could manage to think up. The anxiety became severe during those years because I had absolutely nothing else to occupy my mind with. Yes, taking care of a child is a lot of work, but it's often tedious work - changing diapers, putting down for naps, making meals, breast feeding, reading baby books. I would describe that time as utterly losing my entire sense of self - but boredom is another great way to explain it!

I started law school this year when my daughter started kindergarten and my mental health has never been better. Boredom with ones life is a MAJOR anxiety trigger for many.

Told you there's always something new

White floaty discharge looking bits in urine Noticed it yesterday and thought could've been in loo already, thought nothing of it didn't happen again and just I saw it again. Looks like discharge and I am in ovulation week but this has never happened before. Online seems to think kidney stones or UTI?

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    Told you there's always something new

White floaty discharge looking bits in urine Noticed it yesterday and thought could've been in loo already, thought nothing of it didn't happen again and just I saw it again. Looks like discharge and I am in ovulation week but this has never happened before. Online seems to think kidney stones or UTI?
    One thing that really helped me while recovering from anxiety was to really take note of the "always something new" trend. It would kind of break me out of the cycle because I'd realize - wait, I couldn't have ALL these things at once, that would be statistically impossible. So, the most likely is that I have NONE of them. You can do it!!

And, of course it's from ovulating.

My therapist asked what I think will happen if I stop checking ankle and I said something new will likely come along. Like I'm already expecting it. I've purposely stopped checking ankle so much as we allowed two looks and one feel a day.

Re: Yellow nails, image attached

That’s great progress.

My therapist asked what I think will happen if I stop checking ankle and I said something new will likely come along. Like I'm already expecting it. I've purposely stopped checking ankle so much as we allowed two looks and one feel a day.
    The fact that you are acknowledging and applying this is a huge progress for you, I hope you keep with it and progress.

That's great progress. You can do this! I believe in you!! You will get through this.

Page 36 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread Information