Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1639

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

I'm sure your history will be recorded though on your notes?

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    My GP doesn't know me though since I've been at this doctors I've had different person each time. Turns out he was a clinical nurse practitioner (i say gp I posts as that was what he was refered to).
    Ok, so I’ll leave it up to you to listen to strangers on the internet instead of a trained medical professional who has your medical history in front of him.

Nurse practitioners are the people you generally see at a&e or urgent care. They still know their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that but he wasn't interested the second I mentioned CBD or another SSRI. You've all seen me at my worst/see me at my worst.

Avoidance topic.

Ever since I had that vertigo episode few months ago I've avoided sleeping in my bedroom and since sleeping in my sons room. I've made the excuse of it being decorated and a mess but sorted it today, made bed ready and can't bring myself to do it. I know avoidance is key in anxiety but I can't push past it. Since I had my double ear infection I find I'm experiencing head rush temple sensation and I can't push past a brain tumor spiral.

Also, rang up to chase talking therapies and I'm booked tomorrow morning. Not sure what delay was but I definitely had April written down.

Avoidance topic.

Ever since I had that vertigo episode few months ago I've avoided sleeping in my bedroom and since sleeping in my sons room. I've made the excuse of it being decorated and a mess but sorted it today, made bed ready and can't bring myself to do it. I know avoidance is key in anxiety but I can't push past it. Since I had my double ear infection I find I'm experiencing head rush temple sensation and I can't push past a brain tumor spiral.
    Hi H, I get vertigo too, and my mother had Meniere's. It's unpleasant. I get all sorts of symptoms - including what you've described. I have a chronic inner ear issue which causes mine..

When people have bad experiences it's common to avoid the places where we've experienced them. When I had my first nocturnal panic attack I avoided sleeping in my bedroom. I slept on the sofa, but the attacks happened there too so I had no choice but to address it or I'd have ended up kipping in the bath, and I'd have had them there too if I'd have managed to sleep! In the end, accepting that the attacks were going to happen - but that it wasn't dangerous - sorted that particular avoidance issue - as did understanding the attacks themselves. In the past I've gone so far as too avoid clothes I was wearing too - as if this somehow would stop things from happening? It's irrational behaviour - as I'm sure you know.

Vertigo can affect you at any time, and in any place - even in your son's room. Standing, sitting and lying down - doesn't matter with me. Also, it's not a good idea for you to sleep in your kid's room all the time as the little chap might come to expect it and then not be able to sleep without you there, so you're potentially creating another problem here...

Turns out he was a clinical nurse practitioner (i say gp I posts as that was what he was refered to).

Slightly confused. Do you mean people referred to him as a GP when he wasn't?

How did you manage to get accepted for another talking therapy course, Helen? There's a "hard to engage" exclusion criteria on the NHS.

Thanks Nora, my episode was caused by inner ear infection. At the time it was a double infection plus a chock full blocked ear in one. I think I've had eustachian issues since though, I just can't pop my ears and have a constant stuffy feeling in them or fullness feeling if in wind.

And I had my assessment today, he was going to see what other options may be available. He said high intensity CBT is better than counselling as it's more for depression. He's calling me weds with update.

Thanks Nora, my episode was caused by inner ear infection. At the time it was a double infection plus a chock full blocked ear in one.
    Ear infections are horrible. You have my sympathies..

And I had my assessment today, he was going to see what other options may be available. He said high intensity CBT is better than counselling as it's more for depression. He's calling me weds with update.
    CBT is more appropriate as it's about learning techniques to combat those irrational thoughts which are keeping you in this cycle of fear.

Update us on Wednesday.

Was the polish a new one for you? Nail polish can definitely discolor your nails!

If there was something sinister going on, I would think your nails would slowly grow out with a discoloration, not turn discolored all at once. Just my theory.

I can completely relate to the reassurance seeking from your loved ones. Their patience does grow thin over time, doesn't it?

Chat went OK, it was decided among his colleagues that CBT is the best. There are other options but are private and £65 per session! I questioned whether the quality of service is different

I'm so bad lately though. I'm still feeling like I'm lightheaded through tension but am I imagining it because if I push through it, it goes. If I notice it, its worse.

Doc suspects carpal cubital tunnel as Ive woken u oanfew nights with pinky and ring pins and needles up to elbow and one day of ring finger ache. Of course I'm not worrying about MS. And acoustic neuroma because I have ringing tinnitus for 2 seconds once a fortnight plus this 'lightheadedness' its hard to explain but I'm down the brain tumor tunnel too. Oh and I've picking a mole and wonder why it's raised.

Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast

Thread Information