Page 151 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1639

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Thanks guys..

I don't like giving up on people, and I think I said that I'd steer clear of this thread before? But this time I need to stick to my word and put my energy into trying to help those who want out of this condition and who are willing to take advice from people, like me, who've been where they are and even further down that hell hole. Sadly, this doesn't appear to be the case with this lady because nothing I (or anybody else) has said has made any difference, and there have been times - like this morning - when I've allowed my emotions to get the better of me out of sheer frustration - so I'll refrain from posting on this thread from now on and try not to see it as failure on my part - even though that's very much how it feels right now..

If you see it as failure then the OP has "won" because there's a significant difference between symptom dumping and waiting for the reaction and truly going through the torments of HA and desperately searching for liberation and help from those who have been successful in managing their fears on a long term basis.

Don't give your all to the former but please carry on with all your wonderful and insightful advice to those who genuinely want recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If you see it as failure then the OP has "won" because there's a significant difference between symptom dumping and waiting for the reaction and truly going through the torments of HA and desperately searching for liberation and help from those who have been successful in managing their fears on a long term basis.

Don't give your all to the former but please carry on with all your wonderful and insightful advice to those who genuinely want recovery.
    I struggle to understand anybody who would choose this as a way of getting attention. It beggars belief to me, but there have been moments on this thread when I've wondered if we're all being played? I genuinely hope not because that would be hugely insulting to those of us who have battled (or are still battling) this horrible mental health disorder.

But you know what? I do have a history of giving my all to people who do not deserve it P, so maybe there's a lesson here for me to learn?

I think you've more than given enough on this thread, Nora. It follows a very predictable pattern anyway and has done for yonks.

Nora - your posts are well written, well thought out and basically just marvellous and I know you have tried your best with several members on here so thank you for that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nora, the first thing you learn when you go to AA or any other group dealing with addiction is that you can't help someone who doesn't want to get help. You can't take this personal.

I have therapy starting next week, I've been on waiting list and it's the 3rd time I'm attempting it. I've told them it's the 3rs time but anything stronger would be costly

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Thanks guys..

I don't like giving up on people, and I think I said that I'd steer clear of this thread before? But this time I need to stick to my word and put my energy into trying to help those who want out of this condition and who are willing to take advice from people, like me, who've been where they are and even further down that hell hole. Sadly, this doesn't appear to be the case with this lady because nothing I (or anybody else) has said has made any difference, and there have been times - like this morning - when I've allowed my emotions to get the better of me out of sheer frustration - so I'll refrain from posting on this thread from now on and try not to see it as failure on my part - even though that's very much how it feels right now..
    Give up.

Nora, God knows you have more patience than I do, but don't let yourself get hurt over this? I've been there with Reb and thought I was getting somewhere, only to have her fall back into the same old patterns.

I don't even know any more whether it's about the anxiety for her, or just the attention.

Thanks all. I appreciate the kind words. X

Page 151 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast

Thread Information