Page 160 of 164 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1639

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Does anyone else here feel that while Helen is constantly getting reassurance on this forum she will never be able to apply herself properly to her CBT?
    She's lucky enough to be able to get therapy but as long as she's getting responses here to her symptoms she won't use her therapy like she should be using it.
    For her latest worry about dementia, she's after getting a lot of reassurance here that she doesn't have it. So she didn't have to use her CBT or any tools she's learnt to come to the conclusion that she doesn't have dementia.
    This is just my opinion and I'd love to see her getting control over her HA but while she's getting reassurance and responses here it's as if there's a brick wall between her and her CBT. She needs to break down that wall to 100% apply herself.
    A lot of people say that to recover from HA it takes a lot of hard work but it can be done. I still live in hope that one day I'll be able to beat it. But constantly getting reassurance for every worry that comes into your head is only feeding HA.
    Like I said, it's only my opinion. But 160 pages of responses tells its own story.

I have to be honest, part of me isn't entirely convinced that the whole Helenhoo persona isn't some sort of bizarre performance art. It all seems very carefully calibrated to get a response.

I've thought that myself many times too. But I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. If she is genuine and wants to get her life back and get rid of HA, then I would say to people to stop responding to her. If reassurance was going to work for her then she wouldn't be here 160 pages later having made absolutely no progress.
    Give her the chance to make the most of her therapy and apply herself to it. Isn't it worth a shot at this stage? What has she got to lose?

I suppose memory issue wouldn't just happen, several times a day for a week. From my book it was YEARS and from my grandad is was about 10 years from first happened to nursing home then passing. This has been one week, one frazzle to the next jumpy as shxt.

My sister says they're all everyday occurrences. My friend passed me the money and didn't notice or at least didn't say they were old notes. It got through 2 people before it got to me. I think the anxiety comes from the fact I was like oh when did that happen. Not necessarily that I forgot we had new ones but that I didn't know when it happened.

I wish I was a troll, 6 years now is it? I'd be up for long standing award if that was the case.

So if the whole ten pound note thing happened to you, what would you have done differently or gave you had similar experience?

Which is more important to you...

Your HA or your child ?

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    So if the whole ten pound note thing happened to you, what would you have done differently or gave you had similar experience?
    You have to start using your CBT and applying it to these everyday situations. And part of CBT is NOT coming onto a forum looking for reassurance or asking what other people would do/think. You have to start rationalising these things yourself and making your own decisions as to what you should think and how you should react to something.
    It won't be easy. You have a serious habit to break. But if you want to get better you have to stop this charade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I have to be honest, part of me isn't entirely convinced that the whole Helenhoo persona isn't some sort of bizarre performance art. It all seems very carefully calibrated to get a response.
    There are several members that are really good at eliciting a response. The thing is, in this medium, even if all those that have fed their dragons for years were to stop replying, there would always be someone that will reply. While the forum is a positive asset for many, there are cases where it's actually a negative reinforcement of their illness. I believe that to be the case here. If you've noticed, there's two different people that come to the surface here. The Reb/Helen that we're seeing at this moment and the Reb/Helen we've seen when truly challenged as she's reacted to me on several occasions. Just an observation as one who has read and responded through the years.... I don't believe this is a troll (and she's recently posted about that), some sick, somewhat sane individual who is playing games here. Sadly, I believe this is someone who is truly very ill and this attention seeking behavior is part of the illness.

While I do believe that most can learn to take their dragon with therapy, meds and hard work, there are some that are terminally mentally ill and no amount of help will make a difference. Sadly, I believe that's the case here.

I think it's truly selfless of many to take the time to try and help and that's the reason this forum helps so many, but this 2yo thread and the 5+ years of threads and replies show in some cases it's fruitless :(

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 05-09-21 at 13:46.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Honestly? Yesterday I got handed an old twenty at a craft fair and it took my husband to notice. At that point I remembered paper notes were no longer a thing, and the following is precisely what went through my head:

S***S***S***!!!
    I hope I haven't been swindled by somebugger and that I'm not £20 down!

Absentmindedness happens, in my case it happens quite a lot. Normally it's only upsetting to me if I accidentally make myself look stupid.

It's just sad because I waste so much time in this mindset and not spending that time with my child.
    You are going to look back and regret this. Listen to your therapist.

It's like when I'm in a good state I don't remember what I did to get there, and when I spiral I can't remember how I got there. It's like a blink and bam I'm back at the bottom again.

Page 160 of 164 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast

Thread Information