Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I see this from a different perspective. Around a month ago, your thread got rather contentious and many members who always tried to help (to no avail) had enough and said as much. So you changed your approach. To me, I see you recognizing you've finally gone too far and are trying to get people back into your thread by showing a positive behavior to get the positive reaction (and reassurance). Then, after several of the members who have abandoned the thread are back, you fall right back into the pattern we all know so well. The difference is you post a positive behavior then list your symptoms and seek reassurance as you did above.

I truly hope I'm wrong about this and will gladly and humbly accept the "Told Ya So" when you truly begin the healing process, move on and become a voice of reason on the forum and help others avoid what anxiety has done to you.

Positive thoughts
    As someone who has personally lived through this struggle, this cynical response is totally unnecessary. Helen is making progress, differentiating between anxious thoughts and rational thoughts, reaching out for help, and having completely normal ebbs and flows. I know you had temporary anxiety surrounding a medical diagnosis and witnessed other people's anxiety, but you can't know what it's like to live with chronic health anxiety for year upon year unless you've experienced it. I have been treating my anxiety for 5 years now and still have many back slides. I came close to posting about a worry last week but resisted. That's because I'm so far along in my treatment. But, we're never healed. It's a constant and difficult process to stay well.

Re: Ulcer advice

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I've never really had ulcer that hurts as much as this one, I also have a handful of blood blisters too. I'm not anxious about it but they're incredibly uncomfortable and causing me to lisp. I'm temping in a call centre so I'm stuttering a lot (no disrespect to anyone with a lisp!)

Do blood blisters and ulcers go hand in hand and please any tips to help/foods drinks to avoid?
    Rinsing with salt water always helps heal mine faster. Mouthwash, too. It makes it sore temporarily, but cleans it out well and promotes healing.

I agree Erin, I didn't reply before, but I found the 'cynical and negative response' very unhelpful and lacking understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    As someone who has personally lived through this struggle, this cynical response is totally unnecessary. Helen is making progress, differentiating between anxious thoughts and rational thoughts, reaching out for help, and having completely normal ebbs and flows. I know you had temporary anxiety surrounding a medical diagnosis and witnessed other people's anxiety, but you can't know what it's like to live with chronic health anxiety for year upon year unless you've experienced it. I have been treating my anxiety for 5 years now and still have many back slides. I came close to posting about a worry last week but resisted. That's because I'm so far along in my treatment. But, we're never healed. It's a constant and difficult process to stay well.
    Personally I could not agree more. It is great to see some work being done by Helen.

And again if a poster annoys you stop looking and replying to their threads. It is up to the rest of us to decide whether we want to reply to a post or not.

Sorry :( Just calling it as I see it. Been there done that the last five+ years. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, I have to say this is a different side of Reb. Reading her replies I feel hopeful for her sake and her family's that she's really turned the corner.

After all the threads, for all these years it's hard not to be skeptical. <-- that does not read annoyed.

I hope Reb/Helen proves Fishman wrong but I have to admit it crossed my mind too.

Is she trying to pull all of us back in? Or is this a true turnaround? Time will tell but Helen may not even know which it is at this point.

Keeping my fingers crossed that is is true progress
    xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Well, I have to say this is a different side of Reb. Reading her replies I feel hopeful for her sake and her family's that she's really turned the corner.

After all the threads, for all these years it's hard not to be skeptical. <-- that does not read annoyed.

I hope Reb/Helen proves Fishman wrong but I have to admit it crossed my mind too.

Is she trying to pull all of us back in? Or is this a true turnaround? Time will tell but Helen may not even know which it is at this point.

Keeping my fingers crossed that is is true progress
    xxxxx
    Same here.... I've just witnessed so many other serial posters do the same thing and end up where they started. I'm truly sorry if I'm skeptical. I have a daughter that suffers with severe anxiety and depression. She was here over the weekend to visit with her brother. We discussed her battle with anxiety and she shared intimate details of the internal conversations her anxiety has with her. As a father (or anyone for that matter) it disturbed me greatly and knowing that many here have had the same conversations with themselves, it pains me deeply. The difference is that she faces it head on and works her ass off to silence the dragon (Therapy and meds). She has apps on her phone that relay Positive Thoughts and tips to help her battle the dragon and negative thoughts (she played them for me and they're spot on!). She recognizes the negativity and works hard to turn it around. While I see this happening on Reb's thread, I see the motivation as something different. Been there done that in real in real life (And my daughter does not post them publicly as it's just seeking reassurance). Again, I truly hope I'm wrong but only time will tell. It's apparent from the posts that Reb truly is in therapy (which was BS before). That said, it goes way beyond that in adopting the theories and methods and practicing them daily. To me, seeing less posts and starting new threads (as requested by admin for years) would show me progress is being made. This is not meant as derogatory but I truly hope to see less posts from Reb. And if she does post? I hope to see 100% positive progress.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-02-20 at 23:22.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I do worry that a quick fix is all this is but I'm putting my logic to use. I was teetering on the edge of a spriral today but I pulled myself back. I nearly posted my concerns but I knew what they were. I knew I was worrying about this illness because I'd overheard it in a conversation so I knew it was my anxious mind creating something out of nothing. With ulcers I'm assuming it's my body asking for help and to treat it better, giving me a real 'illness' to fight up. I know I have a stress in my personal life, another cause for ulcer. I often put myself in someone else's shoes what would this person do? Would they Google 'ulcers and leukemia', no they wouldn't.

No, you re totally right, ulcers and leukemia would certainly not be on the radar for the vast majority of people. Ulcers happen - I've always been prone to them and often get a couple a month. It could just be a sharp piece of food, a rub from the toothbrush or any slight mouth irritation causing it and the logic you are applying is great. The body heals itself, its good at it, its designed to do so. I think this therapist is really working for you, and it'll only be a 'quick fix' if you stop practicing the methods you are being taught - long-term use of the same methods, continual practice and it won't become so hard to apply them, it'll become natural. This is the retraining. The most important thing is that you are trying !
    Last edited by Carys; 10-02-20 at 22:12.

I am also noticing I'm not quick to run for reassurance either. I had 'numb' toes just remembered I've had this many times in the past and my wooden floors are cold. Instead of panicking I left it now they're OK.

Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread Information