Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

I am also noticing I'm not quick to run for reassurance either. I had 'numb' toes just remembered I've had this many times in the past and my wooden floors are cold. Instead of panicking I left it now they're OK.
    Good for you !!!!! Thats really positive.

Weird dreams, mean nothing right?

So I had a dream last night I think I had cancer it. I was heading for surgery where they were taking my scalp off and my collarbone and I was waiting in a queue at a festival in a hospital bed. My anxiety thinks nothing of it for once but wondered if it could be a premonition?

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    So I had a dream last night I think I had cancer it. I was heading for surgery where they were taking my scalp off and my collarbone and I was waiting in a queue at a festival in a hospital bed. My anxiety thinks nothing of it for once but wondered if it could be a premonition?
    There’s no such thing as a “premonition”, nobody can predict the future in such ways. You fixate constantly on your health and physical symptoms so surely it’s not unreasonable for that to act up in your subconscious.

You seem to be doing better these days and I really do hope that this is the beginning of you finally getting to grips with your mental health. Hopefully this latest query is just a blip.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying. I've said to my therapist the ankle thing is seemingly hardest to shake away. I can easily use my methods on new things but I can't seem to leave the ankle worry. I had a slight revelation about the toe lump I had last year, getting bigger and bigger and redder. Spending nights crying and convinced and eventually left it and it went down. Perhaps I need to do this with my ankle.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying. I've said to my therapist the ankle thing is seemingly hardest to shake away. I can easily use my methods on new things but I can't seem to leave the ankle worry. I had a slight revelation about the toe lump I had last year, getting bigger and bigger and redder. Spending nights crying and convinced and eventually left it and it went down. Perhaps I need to do this with my ankle.
    Well, yes, obviously.

We all need to be aware of our health but you have mastered the art of becoming worried about every single thing your body does.

Your body is not some sleepy entity that stays the same. It evolves, it moves, it does stuff. The sheer amount of inner workings involved in our everyday activities is almost incomprehensible.

As a result, parts of our bodies sometimes hurt, swell, discolour etc. That’s just part of being a human being, 99% of the time this things indicate nothing more than the fact you’re alive.

You need to stop hyper-focusing in every sensation or ache. I would bet every penny I have that the symptoms you report on here are felt almost every day by the vast majority of people, it’s just that most of us simply don’t notice it because we aren’t looking.

Stop looking and you won’t notice.

Proud of myself last night. I noticed a patch of raised red dots. Of course my mind went to petachie. But I put my jumper on, told myself it's likely a heat rash from the bath and went to sleep. This morning said yes isn't there (only noticed while getting dressed).

Today I've noticed my sock feels smaller on the ankle I worry about but I know this foot has always been marginally bigger and wider. Always. Dousing out anxious thoughts with logic but man it is is fighting back hard.

Weight loss, should I be concerned?

You'd think being back at your pre baby weight would be ideal for some but I'm wondering whether I should be concerned? Last time I weighed myself was boxing day and I was 8 stone 9lb, today I weighed mysf and I'm 8 stone 3lb. Is this any cause for concern? I've started working full time and had a break up during this time but wonder if this is 'normal' weight loss or something to watch?

Re: Weight loss, should I be concerned?

Reb bodyweight fluctucates across the day by 4-5lbs. It can be affected by the size of meal you eat (since it all adds temporary weight just as it woud do if you picked an object up before stepping on the scales), whether you have been to the toilet, water intake, time of day, hormonal changes in women, etc. The way to measure is always upon waking and prefeably after going to the toilet (and before eating or drinking). But if you haven't to the toilet for a day ot two that will impact on it a bit.

But the kind of weight difference you are asking about it very normal. You've increased your workload so are burning more calories so unless you are eating more you will lose weight. Losing a pound a week is the guideline for a sensible weightloss programme anyway which is about 500 calories less a day (or extra ones burnt by exercise).

I think it's because people I haven't seen in months have asked if I've lost weight as I look like I have and it's triggering me. My clothes albeit one pair of jeans all fit the same, but these were just saggy due to over wear. Weight has never been an issue for me but I don't like being told I've lost weight. I have had days that I don't eat much or had no appetite sometimes

I have had days that I don't eat much or had no appetite sometimes
    That's all it takes. This is explainable/expected weight loss.

Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread Information