Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Hi Nic, hope all is well?

Trying to be logical, I have a new sofa which is fairly uncomfortable not sure if this contributes?

How do you relive nerve pain?

Thanks for asking. I am still really suffering with this broken shoulder/humerous. It is going to be a long recovery time.

Yes of course it can contribute to that.

You could try an ice pack on it or just something simple like paracetamol.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Wait till you are over 50 Rebecca, you won't have a day where something 'plays up' or aches or gives odd symptoms - you'd best get your HA sorted before then !!

Glad to hear you're recovering well.

I used logic on waking up first time last night a bit sweaty as I had hot water bottle in bed for my back and obviously heated up the bed/body temp even if I moved it before falling asleep.

To those who are battling HA, did you find CBT helped with the work put in or do I need to finally consider meds. I don't know how meds work and how they can stop my worse case scenario thinking. I'm also sleeping poorly.

This is the info on meds I've posted to you before. If you are actually serious about starting medication this time, also talk to panic_down_under.

1) They work by building up in your system. You can't just pop them like an aspirin for a headache. You need to be on them for at least a year, and it often takes 6 to 8 weeks to see the full effects of any dosage.
    2) For some people, as your body gets used to them, have some start up anxiety in the first 4-6 weeks or so. This is normal. Just keep taking them and power through it; it'll even out. Gradually upping the dosage helps with this a lot.
    3) You have to find the right dosage that works for you. You may need to up the AD after the first few weeks. Again this is normal, and finding the right dosage is a trial and error process, so be patient.
    4) They don't replace therapy to deal with your issues. They make you less likely to dwell on your issues, but you still have to do the work.

Even now, I'm now worrying about bowel cancer because I get occasional gas pains though logic thinks it's change of diet/stress I'm now testing self when I get if I get pains right after. I was shaking eating my evening meal because I was waiting for it. Didn't happen but that's no right way to live. My BM are regular but times have changed from early morning to late morning.

Also, I have some Be Calm tablets from super drug for any fellow UK, has anyone tried natural remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Wait till you are over 50 Rebecca, you won't have a day where something 'plays up' or aches or gives odd symptoms - you'd best get your HA sorted before then !!
    Shoot, that’s me every day and I’m 41 seriously, every day I wake up and there’s a new pain hahaha. Don’t know why it doesn’t mess with my HA though. I would have thought it would, but it doesn’t. I just chalk it up to getting older and move on with my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Wait till you're over 60 then the fun stuff really starts! Had a hip replacement on Wed and it's gone better than I thought

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Good to hear, WM! I’m wishing you lots of hot nurses and PTs!

All the best with your recovery WM, its a major op. but I know they like people up and about and using it right away - well - they do here anyway, but that could just be to clear a bed.

Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread Information