Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lol, I don't know about the intelligence for me, maybe wise x
    yes you are Carnation xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Mrs M, you basically have to talk to your head, in a silent way. Sod it, out loud. Who cares what people think. And like you say, it works! The main thing is believing what you say. x
    brilliant advice- thank you Carnation x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    I am a workaholic too - it’s escapism for me.
    This is the stress you say you don't have.

Stress doesn't have to be visible or noticeable to be stress.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    This is the stress you say you don't have.

Stress doesn't have to be visible or noticeable to be stress.
    That’s true- but what can I do to distract myself from the anxiety? X

That’s true- but what can I do to distract myself from the anxiety? X
    There is no set answer for that question. Truly, it comes down to what works for you. The very definition of the word "distract" is: to prevent (someone) from giving full attention to something. For some it can be reading or listening to music. For others it can be meditation or mindfulness or any other of the myriad of things that require us to devote our full attention. I've had a sciatica flare up the last couple of weeks. It's very painful and pain causes physical and mental stress. That said, I take OTC remedies and deal with it but I find that when I'm engrossed at work or by something else, I forget about the pain. Its not until I get up or move that I feel it. So distraction does work. Its just a matter of finding the right distraction for you. AND... keep in mind my campfire analogy. You have to apply the distractions and other anxiety reducing techniques regularly and consistently in order to really achieve results and allow those anxiety coals to die down.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There is no set answer for that question. Truly, it comes down to what works for you. The very definition of the word "distract" is: to prevent (someone) from giving full attention to something. For some it can be reading or listening to music. For others it can be meditation or mindfulness or any other of the myriad of things that require us to devote our full attention. I've had a sciatica flare up the last couple of weeks. It's very painful and pain causes physical and mental stress. That said, I take OTC remedies and deal with it but I find that when I'm engrossed at work or by something else, I forget about the pain. Its not until I get up or move that I feel it. So distraction does work. Its just a matter of finding the right distraction for you. AND... keep in mind my campfire analogy. You have to apply the distractions and other anxiety reducing techniques regularly and consistently in order to really achieve results and allow those anxiety coals to die down.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa! That’s good advice.

i was making progress yesterday but today I awoke with pain in my lower abdomen and feeling generally fed up and jittery. This was around 6am. I wanted to go back to sleep as I am getting over my cold but my body would not let me. Any tips for getting back to sleep. I tried to accept the pain but it’s really hard. It’s not even really painful- just a dull ache. Any advice would be most welcome x

Ok so what I did in the end was read the Clare weeks about accepting a churning stomach - even though this is more abdomen pain, and it said about accepting the pain and knowing that it is not harmful just an annoyance which seems to be a good way to go based on the advice you have all given me. I put my hands where it hurts and managed to get a bit more sleep x

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I just say good morning to it roll my eyes at it and let it ride out, I think acknowledging it directly helps me to not panic. It’s actually just riding on through right now for me but I’m still calm and happy, I know it’s just my body ‘starting up’ if you will. I no longer see it as a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My aim is to be like you! I think with time maybe it’ll get easier to accept. At the moment it feels like someone is squeezing my lower abdomen x

My aim is to be like you! I think with time maybe it’ll get easier to accept. At the moment it feels like someone is squeezing my lower abdomen x
    Mine feels like that too right now but it’s just one of those things, I actually went back to sleep myself this morning too.
    I’ve just been woken with a start though by someone in my house but it’s not worth panicking about. I’m more annoyed to be woken up on one of the rare occasions I sleep in than I am worried about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Argh that’s frustrating- will you try to go back down again? X

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information