Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

I’m also worried how long I can go on like this- it’s very dehabilitating at the moment and my husband is doing all the housework and looking after our poor son, whilst I sit and mope x

Which I know is counter productive - but doing anything else seems like an effort. Also I don’t think I can distract from the pain until a doctor can tell me that it is nothing - or benign- if that is even possible x

Exactly, and I've noticed you questioning a symptom as being something different from anxiety.
    So the brain squirms to work out 'is it', 'isn't it'???
    There are very few symptoms that doesn't point to anxiety, this is where our gut Instinct comes in and in the process the poor gut gets all the stress and worry.
    We can't go running to the doctor every 5 minutes, been there, done that. You end up getting, "what it is now?" from the GP and more tranquillisers.
    But in my opinion you have a good idea when it is not anxiety.
    For example, I was feeling off over the Christmas and I knew it wasn't just anxiety.
    My other half kept telling me it was, probably because I complain so much.
    But I've had a throat infection caused by my sinus issues.
    Anxiety was ramped up because of it, so you have a mixed bag of stuff going on. Because when you are ill, you start to panic causing anxiety symptoms to appear as well.
    And fishmanpa's Sciatica was obviously clearly not anxiety, but it can cause worry with the fact of getting better and not being able to do certain things causing anxiety. And obviously distraction helps to give your brain a rest from all the worrying and obsessing.
    The best thing to do is become in tune with our bodies, that's why meditation is so good to do.
    True acceptance is accepting anxiety when it is just that and feeding that information to the brain so it can relax about what is actually a false alarm or misinformation.

Sorry, forgot to say "Good Morning" Mrs M

Oh good morning Mrs C! I forgot to say it too. You are spot on as always and you give me so much support- thank you.

im sorry to hear you are suffering with sinus issues x

Thank you Ankiety Joe too- I’m sure you remember how awful it is when you know all you have to do is accept it- but it’s the hardest yet simplest thing to do.

i have to keep reminding myself that progress will be slow but it’s won’t always be like this x

The best thing is to get the things checked out or deal with with the stuff you don't think are anxiety related and work on accepting the stuff you know IS anxiety. x

Anxiety can be a irritating, persistent nuisance, like a fly.
    What do we do to flies? We swat them!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Anxiety can be a irritating, persistent nuisance, like a fly.
    What do we do to flies? We swat them!
    Spot on Carnation - thank you x

So now that I have gone out the stomach pain which I will now call (fiddlesticks) has gone but I still have a feeling of unease- probably because my body is in shock as how bad the feeling of impending doom was when I woke up this morning.

I know what I need to do- detach myself from it and carry on. Truly feeling it with meditation but keep going after that. Stop shrinking from it?

why is it so hard though

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information