Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

Midnight mouse- thank you xxxx

Hi Mrs M,

Feeling sick and being sick are two different things.
    When we are anxious, nervous, on edge, it affects the stomach, but normally settles. It may come and go, yes, it's uncomfortable, but really nothing to worry about. x

Also think ankietyjoe pretty much sums up the acceptance thing.
    Last edited by Carnation; 21-12-19 at 10:31.

He does- he is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to anxiety and gives us hope as he has overcome it x

Actually re-read his post again and it is a huge help. I think when we are in the midst of anxiety we want a magic wand when really it comes down to doing it ourselves. Thank you Ankiety-Joe x

Thank you Tommy - that’s basically what I do- it’s so difficult isn’t it? X

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    Actually re-read his post again and it is a huge help. I think when we are in the midst of anxiety we want a magic wand when really it comes down to doing it ourselves. Thank you Ankiety-Joe x
    The specific phrase 'it will pass' is how you deal with all the symptoms and sensations you get with anxiety. And you're right, there's no magic wand.

I think something that people tend to try and do is treat each individual symptom, which is fruitless. You end up in a never ending spiral of fear and avoidance.

Stand back and look at anxiety and accept that it can (and probably will) provide you with dozens, if not hundreds of different symptoms.

When you are stressed or anxious your body immediately reacts, and this reaction affects your stomach and central nervous system first. The in turns affects every single process in the body, which is why anxiety can do almost anything to you. There isn't a system in your body that's immune to being affected by anxiety, and that's why it's a good idea to accept each symptom as the same thing.

Thank you Ankiety Joe- it’s really helpful. I am going to say this too will pass all the time so that no matter what symptom I get. It’ll take time I know that. I think the problem is too- that I have a couple of days of not much planned. So I feel a bit low and that doesn’t help.

thank you always for your wisdom
    x

Hi Mrs M....

The way I understand it is, you haven’t much choice but put up with it and all the symptoms thrown at you, but it’s HOW you put up with it that matters, put up with it WILLINGLY , accept it WILLINGLY, not BEGRUDGINGLY, that is not true acceptance, doesn’t matter how many times it comes back or how long it goes on for, just accept WILLINGLY, and let time pass, and practice, practice, practice, each time it does come back, but WILLINGLY....Like Claire Weekes said so easy to say, not so easy to do...but hey ho nothing to loose by trying, seemed to have tried everything else....xxxxx

Yes exactly - there is a big difference. I think I have one symptom, I overcome it with acceptance and then after a week or so, another one shouts for attention. But like Ankiety Joe says- treat all
    different symptoms in the same way.

i mean it’s obvious that these symptoms will not cause me harm and that they have all gone one by one- so why can’t I just see it like that? I don’t understand why I ping back all the time to panicking and negativity.

i feel like my body is screaming at me- trying to tell me
    something- and I don’t know what it is saying. But that’s not acceptance either - that is trying to work out what the problem is. Yes I left school with lots of qualifications and wanted to do well in life but my anxiety has meant I haven’t really done well - I don’t like responsibility so I don’t aim high- I need a job where I can be anxious. Yes I am unhappy with my relationship as my husband and I barely talk and live almost separate lives. Yes I get bored playing with my son, and then I get heaped with guilt. I am scared my poor son is going to go down the same route as me. Yes I feel like life is a pointless waste of time right now and that all these symptoms will stop me from enjoying life-but I can’t do much about those things right now.

they key is being calm and still enjoying life despite any symptom that comes my way.
    xxxx
    Last edited by Mrsmitchell1984; 21-12-19 at 11:53.

Hi Mrs M...

My body is screaming at me too...your heads dizzy, you feel sickly, your jittering, you exhausted,...what if this, what if that.....do something....but what....I just put up with and not willingly, sometimes going to pieces...True acceptance is put up with willingly, till is subsides and if it comes back, accept it again and again but do so with utter acceptance, otherwise you are causing more tension which In turn causes more symptoms or makes them worse.Not mastered it yet but I will keep trying but boy it’s hard to accept all that willingly. Xxx

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information