Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

Thanks YNWA,

it helps to feel I am not alone and it takes time to get where we want to be (ie our body throwing any feeling our way and we just say welcome and also so what?) xxxx

I also feel like doing this takes lots of energy - but energy implies fighting it. It should be no energy just surrender shouldn’t it?? X

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    I also feel like doing this takes lots of energy - but energy implies fighting it. It should be no energy just surrender shouldn’t it?? X
    It really is as AJoe said. I equate it to my physical issues/symptoms. They really suck but it is what it is. There are meds I take, exercises I do, watch my diet etc., but I still have days (like today) where I hurt like a mofo! I take some ibuprofen and push through it. Go to work, do my chores etc. I 100% accept it's just part of my new normal. It sucks sometimes but I have the choice to allow it to hinder me or push through. Anxiety causes mental symptoms from stress levels that often lead to other physical symptoms. The key is working on the root of the issue. It is work to push through sometimes but IMO, its more just having the mindset of "F it, I have things to do and a life to live. The surrendering IS the acceptance. Recognizing the feelings and pushing through, not allowing them to overwhelm you. That's where all the talk about distraction and other techniques comes into play. I'm hurting but I know once I get moving and get caught up in my day and life, I won't hurt nearly as bad as I do right now

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oh yes, fighting causes tension, so it makes sense if we fight it it’s only going to make matters worse, so utter utter acceptance is the key, but it’s so hard, and yes we will probably fail several times but pick yourself up and try again.
    You are definitely not alone in this Mrs M although sometimes it feels that way, xxxx

Thank you both, that is really helpful xxxx

I like the bit where you say “f it ...I have a life to live” fishmanpa and where you say if you fail you just pick yourself up again YNWA xxxx

Oh Mrs M I have been on the floor so many times with it all, but have picked myself up and started all over again, each time you get a little stronger and a little more knowledge, sometimes it seems impossible but we do it, so who’s the stronger YOU or the anxiety....xxx

It has to be me. I have just been lying here all day as nothing to do-that doesn’t help eh? X

No it’s not you Mrs M, we all get like that, sometimes having too much to do can be as bad as having nothing to do, it’s finding a happy medium. I’m struggling big time today and trying to just accept, but not helping that I’m going for a meal out with family at 2...and yes all the what ifs about the symptoms are creeping in, but just keep saying to myself relax and accept and let time pass... will let you know how I get on....xxx

The days when I used to be down, that's when I really focussed on meditation. Meditation itself is pretty much the practice of acceptance via the observation. It really helps you teach yourself that you don't have to (over)react to every single sensation you feel.

Doing nothing isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are using that nothing to train your mind. Meditation is hard, but it's absolutely NOT about emptying your mind. It's about observing what you are experiencing and the re-focusing on the object of your meditation.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information