Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

Also, the aim here isn't to stop feeling low or anxious (not possible), the aim is to stop feeling low about feeling low about feeling anxious etc. The goal here is to stop the mental runaway train, the reaction to perceived negative triggers.

I agree with that Joe.

Thank you all for your helpful advice. It’s true that it’s about measuring your reaction to anxiety and depression. A good day would not be a day without anxiety and depression- but a day where you feel the anxiety and depression but feel ok with it.

i agree that seeking reassurance on here is not a good idea- it’s not facing the problem, prolonging it and making it worse by making my body feel there is a danger. I will now be coming off of the forum for a bit- I might pop in to help others but I think that is once I have accepted the anxiety and depression - I will come back to help-as right now helping others may be another way I am avoiding dealing with the anxiety/depression. I need to fill my life with things other than anxiety and depression. Thank you all for your help again,

Mrs M x

I think that you have made the right decision, Sally. You need to get away from all things anxiety and depression-related because this will just keep you immersed in the feelings of low mood, frustration and distress. You have outlets for enjoyment in your life and you have religious faith too which must be a comfort..You may think that these feelings will go on forever but you have no reason to think that at all and this is all based on fear of the future. Get yourself a decent GP who can monitor you and prescribe meds only if necessary and maintain skype contact with your therapist if you have confidence in her and if she helps? I really hope that things improve for you-no reason why they shouldn't xx

I think that's a brave and wise decision MrsMitchell. It makes me think how on Earth did we manage before the internet? But we did and I can remember writing to pen pals, having to wait days on end for a reply. But it was somehow more special to see a handwritten envelope on the doormat. And of course we survived. I wish you all the very best.

Out of date reply from me but your reply really resonated with me. Particularly the mornings part. Thanks

Please tell me how to stop that train. X

Quote Originally Posted by DS68 View Post
    Please tell me how to stop that train. X

Slowly, don't try and rush it.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread Information