Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: True acceptance

Re: True acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by YoullNeverWalkAlone View Post
    Oh that’s sounds nice, I love places like that...it will be a good day...

3 weeks ago I fell and broke my arm at the top and my shoulder, so I think it has shook me up and the anxiety has come back with a vengeance...

Have a super day tomorrow I’m sure you’ll really enjoy it xxx
    oh I remember now and no one came to help you. That was horrendous - no wonder you were shaken up.

Have a great day tomorrow. Another day to practise acceptance of the adrenaline sensations x

So today I woke up feeling ok- but soon the bad feelings came. I didn’t do a very good job of accepting them. I just myself into more of a panic and now I feel like I am going crazy. I really wanted to have a good day today. Thing is this feeling lasts all day - it’s painful and makes me feel like I am going to be sick the whole time. It’s quite debilitating. It may be a sickness bug or morning doom from anxiety - either way it’s horrible and I am doing a very poor job of accepting it x

Try and remember that acceptance and being mindful means not attaching a negative mental reaction to feeling the way you do. It is what it is, and tomorrow is a new day.

You may even start to feel better later, you never know right?

So true- I takes a long time- every day is a little bit closer. I got there before and can again x

http://cbt4panic.org/the-panic-cycle/

I have started this again and find it quite helpful. I wondered if this fits in with what you have kindly been teaching me AnkietyJoe and whether I can apply to generalised panic. I did some meditation this morning too ��

Well done for meditating!

CBT runs along the same lines as meditation, just using different techniques. CBT is simply giving a mental 'so what' to anxiety triggers.

When I had CBT 13 years ago one of my biggest fears was passing out when I was out and about. My therapist said 'ok, so what?'. He asked me to really think about what the worst case scenario of passing out was, and as it turns out it's not really a big deal. This is the catastrophising stage, negated. If it happens, it happens.

Oh, and in nearly 10 years of really bad panic/anxiety, I never passed out once.

CBT is very much a self help technique, not an external 'fix', so it would compliment whatever meditation and mindfulness you are doing perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Well done for meditating!

CBT runs along the same lines as meditation, just using different techniques. CBT is simply giving a mental 'so what' to anxiety triggers.

When I had CBT 13 years ago one of my biggest fears was passing out when I was out and about. My therapist said 'ok, so what?'. He asked me to really think about what the worst case scenario of passing out was, and as it turns out it's not really a big deal. This is the catastrophising stage, negated. If it happens, it happens.

Oh, and in nearly 10 years of really bad panic/anxiety, I never passed out once.

CBT is very much a self help technique, not an external 'fix', so it would compliment whatever meditation and mindfulness you are doing perfectly.
    Thank you Ankiety-Joe- it’s incredible how incapacitating it is- i’m so
    glad you overcame it x

If I knew then what I know now, it wouldn't have lasted more than a few weeks.

We each have our own journey though, and have to unlearn the pit of bad mental habits we get ourselves into.

Everybody can recover from anxiety, it just takes effort.

What a great post �� so your effort would include meditation and acceptance? X

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information