Thread: Shoulder pain and breathing issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shoulder pain and breathing issues

For almost two weeks, I've been having trouble being able to draw in a deep breath. I've had what feels like extreme tightness between my shoulder blades and across my upper back and I'm just so worried about it being a heart problem.

I'm 32 and considered overweight with a pretty grim diet and not much exercise. I've suffered with breathing issues in the past due to anxiety but it's been awhile since it's been so bad. I've had a lot of stress lately so I'm trying to put it down to that but as I'm sure you all know, it's easier said than done.

If it was a heart problem, would it go on this long? Is it possible that muscle tension could be causing the breathing issues instead? I really don't want to ruin my family's Christmas by stressing out about this.

Re: Shoulder pain and breathing issues

It would be explained completely by muscle tension and/or GERD/reflux. If you are overweight and eat crap, you're likely to have the latter too.

Step one (no pun) would be exercising and cleaning up what you eat. Walking 20 minutes a day is more than enough to start transforming your health and heading towards loosening up the muscles.

Thread Information