Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major blip just before Christmas??!!!

Major blip just before Christmas??!!!

Hi all
    I had an ok week last week considering the busyness and stress but it’s all gone to custard this weekend. Had a minor panic attack on Friday night then a major one on saturday morning when a piece of sausage got stuck in my oesogagus. It feels like it’s still there even tho my husband says it not as i can eat and drink ok so still very anxious and down today. Hating myself quite a lot and feeling hopeless. Just cant seem to talk myself out of this one - feel like all the meds and therapy have been for nothing. Any advice on how to get through this really appreciated. i cant get out of bed and my husband is really fed up.
    thanks so much

Re: Major blip just before Christmas??!!!

Hello Windywel

This isn't a "major blip" but your mind is interpreting it as one. If you had anything blocking your oesophagus then no food or liquid would go down at all. (My son has had oesophageal surgery so I know what can happen). You are hating yourself and feeling hopeless so everything seems impossible and insurmountable..but it isn't. My advice would be not to stay in bed but to try to keep busy and carry on as normal to try to distract yourself from negative thoughts which only make you feel worse.

Just my take on it and sorry if this doesn't help.

Seriously, Windy, I know it's tough, but get up and do something, even if it's just having a shower and making a drink. I know this must feel like a huge deal but it really isn't.

Hi Windy,

you have been doing so well- so don’t let this set back bother you. It will pass and you will feel yourself again. Keep us posted on how you are doing xxxx

Ok, so if today seems negative and too challenging, start tomorrow a fresh with new vigour. Don't stay in bed, keep busy and give hubby a cuddle.
    You had a difficult weekend, don't let it become more than that. x

Thanks all for your replies. I did get out of bed as instructed. Just still feel really anxious about the throat thing - the health anxiety is getting away on me.

Well done for getting out of bed. I know bed is a massive safe place, where we don't have to see anyone or deal with stuff but in reality it's more like a prison that can bind us to inactivity.

this will pass in time and that's all you need. Nothing is stuck in your throat. It's probably had a bit of a bruise where the sausage got stuck and left you with a sensation at the same point in the tract.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks Darksky. I realise my fears may be unfounded now and the sensation likely psychosomatic but it’s the whole health anxiety cycle again - I can’t stop scanning, noticing the throat sensation then feeling anxious. I had been doing so much better but this has really derailed me.

I have been derailed too (by a stomach bug) but it’s wonderful to hear you have been doing well. What dose have you made it to and how many weeks? You know what to do now to get back to good again in time for Christmas - of course, there is no pressure though x

Thanks Sally. Sorry to hear you have been unwell but have you been feeling better otherwise? It’s been an up and down journey and I’m certainly not there yet but I was doing better and coped pretty well with the last few frantic weeks all things considered. But such a bummer to have this big blip just before Christmas. I’m on 25 mgs for the last few weeks, working up to 30. It’s been 10 weeks since starting on 20. Seems a very slow journey this time. Any advice on how to get better for Christmas? I feel a bit lost xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information