Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update - not good news, optic disc drusen

Update on my daughter, blurred optic discs and monthly headaches....

Hi

My daughter had been under the eye clinic at the local hospital since December.

She had blurred and elevated optic discs, headaches that were coming once a month, if that.

OCT scans did not show any evidence of any intercranial pressure at all.

We were told she had drusen, then small optic discs until we finally had an MRI.

She had severe hydrocephalus and she was rushed up to Kings College Hospital, in London.

She had emergency surgery, an endoscopic third ventriculostomy, and has a tectal glioma, which was causing an obstruction to one of the ventricles.

I'm truly devastated.

Not even the neurosurgeons could believe how well she was - they said with the amount of water in her brain, she should of been falling unconscious.

Re: Does anyone know anything about "optic nerve head drusen"

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's ordeal. My son recently had a health scare so I know how you must feel. How is your daughter doing now? I know it's hard but try and take care of yourself as well.

Re: UPDATE - NOT GOOD NEWS - Does anyone know anything about "optic nerve head drusen

I don’t really know what any of this means, but I hope she’s on the mend now as it sounds quite a scary time.

Thank you.

Scass - Basically she has a brain tumour which was blocking fluid from leaving her brain, causing hydrocephalus. She had had a hole made in the bottom of her brain to let the fluid drain out. They don't know if the tumour is benign or malignant as it is in the mid brain - way to dangerous to biopsy, so she has to have an MRI every 3 months.

Re: UPDATE - NOT GOOD NEWS - Does anyone know anything about "optic nerve head drusen

That’s terrifying for you all. I hope that you get good news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information