Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel concerns

Re: Something hard in my lower abdomen. Freaking out.

No it wouldn't be concerning to feel them because I can feel mine.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    No it wouldn't be concerning to feel them because I can feel mine.
    Interesting. Tell me more.
    Where can you feel it?

Scared88

Unfortunately describing my experience will only reassure you momentarily and won't help you in the long run so I won't be doing that. Something much more helpful however is for you to pause right now, take 5 deep breaths and tell yourself, "I've been to a trained medical professional who has said nothing is wrong with me." Challenging and reframing your thinking will go much further for you than me describing my own experiences.

Best Wishes

Re: Why am I like this?

Is there general anxiety in your family? Anxiety can manifest in all different ways for different people. Have you seen a therapist? That can really help you pin point where your anxiety stems from and that can be really helpful in dealing with it.

I think you mentioned in another post that you do take meds. Maybe you need to speak with your doctor about adjusting them. Health anxiety is just like any other illness and it can be treated. Each time I see the note under your posts about how long you've been worrying it makes me feel sad. I suffered from severe health anxiety after my daughter was born and got help. It's flared up over the years, but it so much more manageable with therapy.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Scared88

Unfortunately describing my experience will only reassure you momentarily and won't help you in the long run so I won't be doing that. Something much more helpful however is for you to pause right now, take 5 deep breaths and tell yourself, "I've been to a trained medical professional who has said nothing is wrong with me." Challenging and reframing your thinking will go much further for you than me describing my own experiences.

Best Wishes
    It would help me to know that someone else can feel their intestine. It's too weird for me to think that a fatso like me could feel it and not have something wrong.....
    Thinking about seeing another doctor for a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    It would help me to know that someone else can feel their intestine. It's too weird for me to think that a fatso like me could feel it and not have something wrong.....
    Thinking about seeing another doctor for a second opinion.
    I already told you can I feel mine, you don't need me to tell you exactly how they feel because the description won't match yours. Your brain is looking for a narrative that matches the reassurance it is seeking. I really strongly recommend you not seek a second opinion because one of two things will happen: 1) You'll be told it's nothing and you won't believe the doctor or 2) The doctor will send you for testing just to reassure you when he or she knows nothing is wrong with you.

Honest question that I would love for you to genuinely consider and respond to: What would it take to completely reassure you and allow you to move on with your life leaving this worry behind?

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

I already told you can I feel mine, you don't need me to tell you exactly how they feel because the description won't match yours. Your brain is looking for a narrative that matches the reassurance it is seeking. I really strongly recommend you not seek a second opinion because one of two things will happen: 1) You'll be told it's nothing and you won't believe the doctor or 2) The doctor will send you for testing just to reassure you when he or she knows nothing is wrong with you.

Honest question that I would love for you to genuinely consider and respond to: What would it take to completely reassure you and allow you to move on with your life leaving this worry behind?

Best Wishes
    I did go back. Feel slightly better.
    This one did think it was a muscle or part of the muscular structure in the abdomen. That is what I thought it was at first but I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen that is supposed to reduce inflamation and it still hasn't worked....
    Anyway I hope I get better.

It does feel a little bit tender to the touch but that might also just be the skin around it.
    But it does feel a little bit like when a muscle becomes sore.....
    But yeah....sigh

Bowel concerns

I'm having concerns about a bowl disease with cancer obviously at the top of the list. Sometimes I get periods where I dont have a bowel movement for days and maybe a week or two and with that doctor last week said he thought I was feeling my colon in my abdomen I feel extra worried cause I'm in one of those periods right now. I went in with concerns about whatever that hard hose like thing I was feeling in lower abdomen was and one thought it was maybe my colon and told me not to worry. Another doctor said it was a muscle or part of the muscular structure in the abdomen. But I worry maybe there is some tumour growing in my bowels that is blocking things from flowing normally. I've also for around six years felt the odd sting in one spot close to that splenic turn of the colon. That doesn't happen all the time but now I'm starting to think if it's something to be concerned about.
    Is it common to feel weird stings and pangs in ones abdomen witout it being anything concerning.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information