Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel concerns

Re: Something hard in my lower abdomen. Freaking out.

Scared88

Remember you aren't a doctor so you can't say with assurance what you're feeling however, the actual doctor you visited today can with assurance say what it is. I challenge you for the rest of the day to challenge your thoughts.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Not to be rude- but I had something like this in the past and it turned out to be old poop that hadn't come out.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    Not to be rude- but I had something like this in the past and it turned out to be old poop that hadn't come out.
    That's not rude and in fact I do hope it's something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    So I went to see a doctor in a walk in clinic. Took all of 5 minutes but he thought it could be my colon I was feeling or some parts of my instestine! Is that possible? He didn't seem to have an concerns about it.
    So essentially you're FOS?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, I went back to the clinic cause I wanted more answers. Got the same doctor again which was OK I suppose but I would have wanted another opinion. He was nice about it though and felt my abdomen again and said he didn't feel anything abnormal, said I didn't really need more testing done since I dont have any symptoms like pain in the area and normal stools. Not sure where to go next.

You're next step is to take a deep breath and be grateful that you are a health human being. Then after that you go out and live your life.

Again from 2016... I really think its time to treat the real illness

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    I'm 27 year old male and I've had swollen lymph nodes in my armpits and groin since 2007, or over 8 years. I had various tests done back in 2007, a big big blood test, CT scans and ultrasounds. The blood test did reveal some traces of a viral infection maybe Epstein Barr and I stopped worrying.
    Fast forward 4 years later in 2011 I get worried again after finding some more but small nodes in my armpit and in 2012 had more blood tests and more ultrasounds and even went to see an hematologist. My GP looked at the ultrasound images with the technician and they both say they are normal looking. Or were back then. The blood was fine, although I did have elevated LDH which really did freak me out but the doctor and hematologist weren't worried about that it seems.
    Here I am almost 4 years later and I haven't been to a doctor about this since then and I've been doing alright.
    Few days ago though I was feeling some soreness around my armpits and shoulder and I started digging in my armpit and measuring my nodes. I felt bunch of stuff I didn't like, all the way up in my pit probably close to the shoulder bone might be more lymph nodes :( But hopefully just tendons.
    When I had my armpit ultrasounds the technician did mark and measured lots of different things, I think I remember it that way. So I hope it's just that. I've been freaking out for two whole days now :( I'm still worried that this could be follicular lymphoma :(

So to recap:
    Several nodes in armpits and few very small ones in groin.
    Been like that for over 8 years or since I was 18
    Remnants of viral infection found on an old blood test from 2007
    All test show normal nodes
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So essentially you're FOS?

Positive thoughts
    Perhaps but my bm's have been very normal lately.
    Of course my mind is racing now, lately I've been having this sensation of momentary light headedness and troubles with deep breaths...so now I wonder if these are all related -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Again from 2016... I really think its time to treat the real illness

Positive thoughts
    I am on medication for my anxieties.

It wouldn't be concernimg to you if you could feel your colon or small intestine? It feels hard, you'd think it feels soft or something. Also, since I'm not thin, I have a sizable belly I didn't think it was possible to feel them so close to the surface.......
    Last edited by scared88; 18-12-19 at 01:10.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information