Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bowel concerns

Re: Bowel concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I didn’t say I can only feel it when I’m backed up, that’s just when I have had to because I was uncomfortable. I’m not super thin, I’m only just a healthy weight and I carry a lot on my tummy, it’s no different to when I was a heavier though.

Leave your insides alone and work on accepting the thoughts you’re having, why they are happening and moving forwards with them. You’ve picked my reply apart for ways that it can’t match yours because you’ve got a part of your brain that’s on high alert telling you there’s something wrong or frightening. Even though I’ve agreed that I can feel the same on myself, and I’ve given my husband a good poke there too in the past, it’s no different although he doesn’t have a belly. Anxiety causes the ‘risk assessment team’ in our minds to work over time, they report everything as a high risk because we are in fight or flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess my main concern is that the reason I'm feeling this is because of a large tumour or something like that growing in there making the colon stand out and be more palpable. Isn't this also a weird part to be feeling? It's the right side of my body, so the ascending colon.
    I also get these pangs on each side of my rib cage. Sigh...I'm so hyper aware too of my gas lol. ALways burping or passing gas it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    I guess my main concern is that the reason I'm feeling this is because of a large tumour or something like that growing in there making the colon stand out and be more palpable. Isn't this also a weird part to be feeling? It's the right side of my body, so the ascending colon.
    I also get these pangs on each side of my rib cage. Sigh...I'm so hyper aware too of my gas lol. ALways burping or passing gas it feels like.
    Nope, if that were the case the drs would of noticed something and if it were that large you would of had many of symptoms by now that’s for sure. They didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary and they would know! No point in second guessing them and all the others, myself included that have told you that it’s normal.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Perhaps a visit to the doctor to adjust your meds and get referred for professional help with your anxiety is in order? All you're doing here is going around in circles

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Nope, if that were the case the drs would of noticed something and if it were that large you would of had many of symptoms by now that’s for sure. They didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary and they would know! No point in second guessing them and all the others, myself included that have told you that it’s normal.

What kind of symptoms? I do have bloating after eating sometimes and a lot of gas. I'm not losing weight and I'm not really fatigued except from the panic.....
    I bought some probiotic pills called colon cleanser lol. Lot of fiber and a lot of acidophilus.

What kind of symptoms? I do have bloating after eating sometimes and a lot of gas. I'm not losing weight and I'm not really fatigued except from the panic.....
    I bought some probiotic pills called colon cleanser lol. Lot of fiber and a lot of acidophilus.
    I’m not going to give you a list of things to obsess over, but no... not normal occurrences like bloating and gas (which are both incredibly common with anxiety/ibs type things going on)

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I’m not going to give you a list of things to obsess over, but no... not normal occurrences like bloating and gas (which are both incredibly common with anxiety/ibs type things going on)

Sigh so it's come to this. A photo of where I can feel this. It's right beneath my belly going upwards into it. It's on my right hand side. That's where the cecum and ascending colon is but doesn't the colon go closer to the hip bone? That's what it looks like on diagrams and all that cause this does feel a bit closer to the pelvis and closer to the center of my abdomen rather than the hip. It's right where the tip of my fingers are touching.

20200105_232043.jpg

We don't encourage photos on here - we are not qualified to diagnose.

Why are you not asking a doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    We don't encourage photos on here - we are not qualified to diagnose.

Why are you not asking a doctor?
    I have asked and seen a doctor. Twice. One said it was my colon, the other said it was a muscle. I felt ok about this over the last few weeks during the holidays buuut now I'm starting to have doubts again cause I find the idea of being able to feel my insides creepy. Especially since I dont remember feeling this before.
    I also started to feel and be super focused on all my aches and stings I have in my abomen over the day.

I have asked and seen a doctor. Twice. One said it was my colon, the other said it was a muscle.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    Wouldn't you feel weird about being able to feel something in your abdomen like this? And not fear it being cause of a tumour?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information