Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    By spending your entire time on here and presumably in life re-enforcing that you are ILL and something needs to be diagnosed - chasing doctors, demanding tests, going to ER every week, arguing with every statement that applies logic, spending your time trying to convince us that you are ill. That is NOT trying. I have seen nothing in this thread, or any of your others that has ever shown that you try and employ any strategies to deal with your mental health problem. Ever. Not once. Not even an inkling of trying to reassure yourself, toning down the catastrophic thinking, or trying to counteract or retrain your thoughts, or even ever agreeing with the rational and logical statements others make to you. Quite the opposite actually. Effort is needed to sort your head out over this, but there is never any evidence of effort.

Ah, so THIS time, compared to all the other times is IS cancer ? This is NOT trying, it is the same old same old. What on earth does trying mean to you, as nothing has changed that I have seen in these years ? I don't know what your therapist did with you, or even if they are any good, but surely something was explored and taught. Surely you have learnt SOMETHING from them or us over the years, that you could start demonstrating knowing how to use. That is trying. You need to see someone and see someone full time and start really trying - so that you stop wasting time and money.

I know I said I was done with this, couldn't help myself - my fault. Now, I'll leave you to it, as I stand by my assertion that if you want to continue like this I personally won't be hitting my head against the brick wall.
    I know I need a lot of work on my mental health I do but this time I think I really might have cancer. These issues aren’t going away like my previous fears like when I was worried about esophagus cancer those symptoms subsided with PPIS and changing my diet up. This time my symptoms are just getting worse. I don’t expect anyone to say anything else as there really isn’t much left to say besides getting the colonoscopy and getting an official diagnosis whether it be colorectal cancer or whatever. I shouldn’t be hurting in my bum and buttocks and being constipated all the time like I am. I went this morning and I had a single stool that was really flat. I’ll see my therapist next week and I’m gonna mention maybe getting on some medicine for the OCD about my health because I do admit that I do obsess about my health issues and everything.

Would cancer that spreads to the spine show on ct scan? I had a ct scan of my lumbar spine and it was normal but would I need a mri?

Ask the medics who gave you this scan. Guess it was another ER trip ey ?
    Last edited by Carys; 26-01-20 at 22:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ask the medics who gave you this scan. Guess it was another ER trip ey ?
    Yes because the pain is just getting worse. They did a X-ray that was normal and then a ct scan which was also normal. The nurse practitioner said that a spinal tumor would have showed on the ct scan. If it’s rectal or colon cancer causing the back pain I still need a colonoscopy..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Yes because the pain is just getting worse. They did a X-ray that was normal and then a ct scan which was also normal. The nurse practitioner said that a spinal tumor would have showed on the ct scan. If it’s rectal or colon cancer causing the back pain I still need a colonoscopy..
    Well part of the solution would be to arrange to have one (colonoscopy).

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Well part of the solution would be to arrange to have one (colonoscopy).
    Just hard to do without insurance... I’m going to have to wait to see my pcp February the 6th. The place I go to is like a charity type practice so he should be able to order the colonoscopy without me having to see a GI doctor because he is a internal medicine doctor.

I’m really getting worried the back pain is there all day constantly and I’m getting a lot of lower abdominal/pelvic pain.... I’m so depressed about this I cry almost all day long and I’m just so full of fear..

Ok

I’m just gonna get them to delete the thread it’s obvious your all tired seeing it.

Do whatever you want Hypo.

You can't expect people to come up with anything meaningful to your statements after so many years of trying and you not acting on any of it. Its repetitive, and there is nothing to say that hasn't been said so many times.

Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information