Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    B, go spend some time with your family. It's the holidays. Go play with your little girl.
    It’s just so hard to think about anything else knowing I really might have colon cancer it’s devastating..

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy holidays..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy holidays..
    Merry Christmas Hypo! Try to hang in there. Just talk to the GI and schedule the follow up colonoscopy. It’s going to be okay! You are right that it takes colon cancer a long time to develop, Plus, they removed the polyp on the first one. Please put this worry aside and enjoy your Christmas and New Years with your family. They need to enjoy you as much as you need to enjoy them, and have fun! (((((HUGS)))))

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    Merry Christmas Hypo! Try to hang in there. Just talk to the GI and schedule the follow up colonoscopy. It’s going to be okay! You are right that it takes colon cancer a long time to develop, Plus, they removed the polyp on the first one. Please put this worry aside and enjoy your Christmas and New Years with your family. They need to enjoy you as much as you need to enjoy them, and have fun! (((((HUGS)))))
    Really wish their was another explanation to these symptoms but their just isn’t.... I’m still getting the cramping like I need to go I think the term is Tenesmus which is classic for colon cancer. My lower back is aching and I’m hurting like deep inside my anus sorry for the TMI but if I had a tumor in my colon wouldn’t it cause all this?

I’m done my best to make
    sure my little girls have had a good Christmas and I think they have so far. Wish I could say my Christmas was good it doesn’t even feel like the holidays for me unfortunately... It’s most likely stage 3 or 4 with these symptoms. They say by the time you notice symptoms it’s quite advanced. Just don’t know why this is happening to me I’m only 30 how unlucky do you have to be to get colon cancer at 30 :(
    Last edited by Hypo27; 25-12-19 at 14:43.

Thank you to everyone that’s talked to me and gave me advice over the years I greatly appreciate it. This is one of those times when you just know deep down that something is wrong and my gut is screaming colon cancer. I just wanna scream! :(

That's what you said about ALS, too. When you knew you were dying from that. Your track record as your own doctor sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    That's what you said about ALS, too. When you knew you were dying from that. Your track record as your own doctor sucks.
    Trust me I know what your saying vee I do but this really is a legit concern. ALS is really rare colon cancer isn’t it’s the second leading cause of death :( and it’s becoming more common in young adults...

The statistics on colon cancer says about 95,520 will be diagnosed with colon cancer in the United States. 11 percent of those cases will be people under the age of 50. So that’s around 10,507 people. Then it says around 72 percent of that 10,507 are people in there 40s. So that 7,565 people, so that leaves around 3200 people that will be diagnosed under the age of 40. But their are probably a lot more than 95,520 in the United States that actually have the disease.. So the figures could be much higher. Statistically it would be kinda rare for me to have it then wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    The statistics on colon cancer says about 95,520 will be diagnosed with colon cancer in the United States. 11 percent of those cases will be people under the age of 50. So that’s around 10,507 people. Then it says around 72 percent of that 10,507 are people in there 40s. So that 7,565 people, so that leaves around 3200 people that will be diagnosed under the age of 40. But their are probably a lot more than 95,520 in the United States that actually have the disease.. So the figures could be much higher. Statistically it would be kinda rare for me to have it then wouldn’t it?

Add to that the number of deadly illnesses you've been through, survived and recovered from and what is the answer to your question?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information