Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Oh god this really is colon cancer :( it’s just so unfair.... I’m only 30 and have a family that needs me just isn’t fair...

I suggest that you go back and read through your other threads where you were convinced that you had your other cancers and heart problems and look for the pattern.

And as Nic says it would be nice to find out what became of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    I suggest that you go back and read through your other threads where you were convinced that you had your other cancers and heart problems and look for the pattern.

And as Nic says it would be nice to find out what became of them.
    Trust me I know what you are saying I’ve always thought of the worst when it came to my health but this really is different... I’m literally going to the bathroom like 5 to 6 times a day my stools are ribbon like I have the cramping I literally have every symptom of colon cancer :(

I read on average it takes around 10 years for a colon polyp to turn into cancer. I had a colonoscopy done about five years ago and they removed already cancerous colon polyp so surely I didn’t have more colon polyps develop and already turn into cancer right? Is that possible?!?

Please someone respond I’m in freak out mode big time!!!!

Hi,

So firstly stop and think. You’ve had numerous suspected illnesses before and each one felt as serious as this one at the time.

Your symptoms are classic ibs. Which is often caused, and definitely not helped by anxiety. If you can start to calm yourself down you’ll probably feel lots better in a few days.

And no, I don’t think it’s Colón cancer. But I’m also not a doctor, so you’ll just have to find a way to cope until you see yours in a couple of weeks.

Nothing anybody can say will help, though. If you don't have colon cancer (which you don't) then your anxiety is the issue, and in the vanishingly unlikely event you do have something wrong, then I don't believe any of the regulars here are colorectal surgeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hi,

So firstly stop and think. You’ve had numerous suspected illnesses before and each one felt as serious as this one at the time.

Your symptoms are classic ibs. Which is often caused, and definitely not helped by anxiety. If you can start to calm yourself down you’ll probably feel lots better in a few days.

And no, I don’t think it’s Colón cancer. But I’m also not a doctor, so you’ll just have to find a way to cope until you see yours in a couple of weeks.
    Yes I had numerous illnesses I thought I had but I don’t think any of them were legit and possible as this.... The way this came out of nowhere a week or so ago is really frightening. My symptoms don’t sound like colon cancer?

I also had a CT scan with contrast almost 2 months ago but I wasn’t having this lower abdominal cramping then so idk if it would of picked it up then or not.

Would it be a waste to go to the er and have another ct scan??

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information