Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    We have told you over a million times that yes IBS can cause this. Please take some time to read back over this and your other threads and take on board the advice given and the replies you got.
    Yea but constant cramping feeling all day?

It’s like I can’t really pass gas either like not much anyway.

How much out of interest does a trip to ER cost for you on average ?

I'm asking because you delayed your GI appointment (due 6th or 8th Jan) as you didn't have 200$, but surely ER costs more - as you seem to have no insurance ?

I'm also interested in knowing these things, to build a picture here - do you pick a different ER each time or do the staff all know you at your local ER ? What do you say to your wife and children when you are off on another regular medical expedition ? What do your family think of the situation (as you never mention them), both your close and wider family ?

I'm failing to understand how your frequent ER trips aren't having an impact on people around you, and also why with the money you throw away on these expensive tests, you can't have insurance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Yea but constant cramping feeling all day?
    Yep my daughter has had bouts of this (she's 34) and it's IBS ... she's had both colonoscopy and gastroscopy and both were fine.

This sounds like what you've got so try some De Gas (or similar in USA) which are very helpful for IBS. Your Dr can also prescribe antispasmodics to relax the muscles. The fodmap diet can help, as can cutting out gluten. Slippery Elm powder in hot water is great for all stomach and bowel issues.

Anxiety can cause the bowels muscles to become tense and contract far more than usual. Also know that pain does not always equal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    How much out of interest does a trip to ER cost for you on average ?

I'm asking because you delayed your GI appointment (due 6th or 8th Jan) as you didn't have 200$, but surely ER costs more - as you seem to have no insurance ?

I'm also interested in knowing these things, to build a picture here - do you pick a different ER each time or do the staff all know you at your local ER ? What do you say to your wife and children when you are off on another regular medical expedition ? What do your family think of the situation (as you never mention them), both your close and wider family ?

I'm failing to understand how your frequent ER trips aren't having an impact on people around you, and also why with the money you throw away on these expensive tests, you can't have insurance ?
    Because I don’t pay anything out of pocket when I go to the er I go to a university hospital so everything is discounted and just make small payments on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Yep my daughter has had bouts of this (she's 34) and it's IBS ... she's had both colonoscopy and gastroscopy and both were fine.

This sounds like what you've got so try some De Gas (or similar in USA) which are very helpful for IBS. Your Dr can also prescribe antispasmodics to relax the muscles. The fodmap diet can help, as can cutting out gluten. Slippery Elm powder in hot water is great for all stomach and bowel issues.

Anxiety can cause the bowels muscles to become tense and contract far more than usual. Also know that pain does not always equal cancer.
    Hey wise haven’t heard from you in awhile I’m here hope all is well with you. Thank you for the reply I truly hope it’s just IBS causing these issues especially combined with the low back pain and fatigue.

Hey wise haven’t heard from you in awhile I’m here hope all is well with you. Thank you for the reply I truly hope it’s just IBS causing these issues especially combined with the low back pain and fatigue.
    Low back pain is caused by the muscles there contracting (sometimes into a tight spasm), stress can definitely do this, I used to get it when I was younger. Physical exercise can help relax those muscles and also antispasmodics.

Yeah I'm pretty good at present thanks but I do have autoimmune stuff that flares, so I just have to get on with it. Just bought a recumbent exercycle and it's really helping my aches and pains

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Low back pain is caused by the muscles there contracting (sometimes into a tight spasm), stress can definitely do this, I used to get it when I was younger. Physical exercise can help relax those muscles and also antispasmodics.

Yeah I'm pretty good at present thanks but I do have autoimmune stuff that flares, so I just have to get on with it. Just bought a recumbent exercycle and it's really helping my aches and pains
    Awesome that’s good to hear that it’s helping you! I wish I could just snap out of thinking this could be colorectal cancer but I just have so many red flags. Constipation/Diarrhea, lower stomach cramps, low back pain, pressure feeling in my bum and fatigue..
    Last edited by Hypo27; 15-01-20 at 23:58.

And also had my iron tested last year and it was low.

Awesome that’s good to hear that it’s helping you! I wish I could just snap out of thinking this could be colorectal cancer but I just have so many red flags. Constipation/Diarrhea, lower stomach cramps, low back pain, pressure feeling in my bum and fatigue..
    They are more the red flags for IBS or IBD or diverticulitis, painless bleeding is one of the first signs of bowel cancer, I've known a few people who have had it and it was their main symptom.

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information