Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I would be mortified but Hypo never appears to be. He just comes back with more of the same.

I think it would be more convincing if Hypo were to react strongly to such a view of his behaviours/posting patterns.
    I would feel the same. But who knows how he feels.

You know what happens when repetitive posters react to inflammatory comments, some jump on them claiming how it's funny they can react then when the rest of the thread they won't engage. I know I would have reacted to insult and it surprises me how they seem to overlook such comments but it only gets weaponised again them.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-02-20 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer

Unimaginative - its something that has come up many-a-time, with a few posters who are similar to Hypo. There are a few here who are long-term serial posters, who never move forwards and never seem to take on advice about how to deal with their HA. Are they trolls ? Are they for real ? My personal belief is that they are 'for real' and not trying to fool people, I've read and watched Hypo for too long to think otherwise. We can only ever take people on the internet, any of us, at face value anyway. The problem is - It is so outside the ability of many people, even those with HA to understand the type of posts they make, the drama, the conviction, the deeply depressing post after post with never any inkling of trying to use any techniques to combat it, that its hard to imagine that its possible to be that way. Its frustrating to read, but yep, I think he is suffering deeply and never able to take the necessary steps to acknowledge HA is the problem, even after years of experiencing its every twist and turn, through a list of terminal illnesses as long as your and my arm.
    I completely agree. I know from my own experience of OCD that there was nothing any of you cold have said or any techniques you could have advised that would have changed my mindset for a good year I spent walking the same routes and doing all my daily compulsions of checking items. It was just to strong. I knew it wasn't needed and with not having HA themes I think this helped because they have additional denial hurdles to get over at first. But then even the medical profession have long discussed the issue of insight in OCD and argued over putting it into manuals and taking it out again. And besides, there are medically documented cases, as you are well aware of, where anxiety sufferers have reached the severity of being unable to use limbs or see. Whilst I don't see repetitive posters here as that severe they often have a lack of insight or denial problems.

Would you have asked for help on here at your worst, Terry?

Well the fatigue just keeps getting worse like I’m barely able to drag myself around anymore... I read that cancer-related fatigue is really hard to describe to others because it’s so bad that’s exactly how I feel. I literally just feel so exhausted and don’t want to do anything..

So, are you off work now ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnimaginativeName View Post
    Im not judging anyone. Ive had moments of completely irrational and over the top anxiety.
    I didn’t take any offense to your post by the way. I’m still having pressure in my pelvis when I urinate and occasionally get pain right before I’m done urinating. I see the doctor next Wednesday but I’m terrified it bladder or rectal cancer...

So, are you off work now ?
    Yeah I just got off if that’s what your asking.

No, I mean, are you signed off work permanently as you can barely drag yourself around ? People in the final stages of cancer fatigue, who are generally stage 4, can literally barely function and move from their beds.

No, I mean, are you signed off work permanently as you can barely drag yourself around ? People in the final stages of cancer fatigue, who are generally stage 4, can literally barely function and move from their beds.
    No I’m trying my best to fight through but I don’t know how much longer I can honestly. I’m sure you don’t have to be stage 4 to feel the cancer-related fatigue do you? If I was stage 4 I wouldn’t be able to really get out of bed?

I’m the only one with a job or anything and I don’t know what we’re gonna do when I’m no longer able to go to work...

Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information