Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Thr doctor took a bunch of blood work yesterday so we will see what comes of that. Yeah surely if he thought it was cancer or something he would of referee me for a scan?
    there is no question that they would have sent you for further testing if they thought there was a reason to do so.

now that you’ve received good news, it’s time to work on the HA. Focusing on what you perceive to be “symptoms” will absolutely only make those symptoms, and new ones, appear. You need to find a distraction that works for you. Do you have a job? Any hobbies?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    there is no question that they would have sent you for further testing if they thought there was a reason to do so.

now that you’ve received good news, it’s time to work on the HA. Focusing on what you perceive to be “symptoms” will absolutely only make those symptoms, and new ones, appear. You need to find a distraction that works for you. Do you have a job? Any hobbies?
    Yes I do heat and air for a living. As far as hobbies I like to play video games and fishing.

Yes I do heat and air for a living. As far as hobbies I like to play video games and fishing.
    that’s perfect! Can you let yourself get pulled into a video game in the evenings when you might be more likely to sit and stress over how you’re feeling? I’m not much of a gamer, but I am very much into Skyrim. For some reason it really helps me “escape” and I find when I’m not dwelling over the random twinges my body is doing they miraculously disappear! I also enjoy fishing!! I’m ready for springtime, I don’t enjoy it near as much when I have to bundle up in layers to sit along the shoreline lol!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    that’s perfect! Can you let yourself get pulled into a video game in the evenings when you might be more likely to sit and stress over how you’re feeling? I’m not much of a gamer, but I am very much into Skyrim. For some reason it really helps me “escape” and I find when I’m not dwelling over the random twinges my body is doing they miraculously disappear! I also enjoy fishing!! I’m ready for springtime, I don’t enjoy it near as much when I have to bundle up in layers to sit along the shoreline lol!
    Yes I’m ready for springtime to I’m sick of the cold rainy weather. They checked my urine yesterday so I hope it doesn’t show blood again just scared it’s bladder cancer..

For goodness sake don't let's talk about anything other than symptoms and cancer?!!! Hypo can't deal with that!!

Let's keep on getting drawn into symptoms talk..That's what he wants and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    For goodness sake don't let's talk about anything other than symptoms and cancer?!!! Hypo can't deal with that!!

Let's keep on getting drawn into symptoms talk..That's what he wants and needs.
    well....yeah, I was trying to divert attention towards something other than symptoms I have found over my many, many years of HA worries that dwelling on symptoms only makes the ones I have worse, and new ones appear LOL. Stupid brain. Sure wish there was an off switch sometimes

Hypo - you’ve tried obsessing over symptoms, posting here for reassurance, many doctors visits...those aren’t working for you, do you think it’s worth trying something different now? Instead of bringing the conversation back to symptoms or negative thoughts, try posting something positive. Instead of “I hope there’s no blood in my urine” try “While I wait for my blood tests to come back clear again, I’m going to do xxx to work on my anxiety”. and then post about your successes if that will help you!

Yes I’m ready for springtime to I’m sick of the cold rainy weather. They checked my urine yesterday so I hope it doesn’t show blood again just scared it’s bladder cancer..
    Yep cold, rainy weather is the pits but we're praying for rain down here in NZ where it's Summer and so hot and dry... 30 0C this week, phew!!

So what if you have microscopic traces of blood in your urine, lots of people do including me and we don't have bladder cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    So what if you have microscopic traces of blood in your urine, lots of people do including me and we don't have bladder cancer.
    But Hypo needs something, anything, to hang onto the cancer fear so.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Another person who's carved an identity and a safe place out of their cancer fears, yes.

Shortness of breath getting worse..

Sure many of you know that I’ve complained off and on about breathing issues for quite awhile now. Well the past 2 weeks my breathing has gotten really bad it feels like I’m suffocating all the time and I get out of breath just walking to fast.. I’m seeing my cardiologist in 2 weeks but I really think I should be seen sooner this is really scaring me. I had an echo done last year and was supposed to have a stress test done last year to but I never got the chance to go but now I’m going to have to have it done soon. I’ve also noticed the past couple week off and on left sided chest pains with this SOB to but when I saw my pcp last Thursday he listened to me and did a ekg in office that was normal and also checked my heart enzymes and those results were normal to but if I have like reduced blood flow in my heart won’t I need like a scan with dye to see the arteries?

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information