Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

Hey everyone hope you all are doing well. I wish I could say I was doing good but unfortunately that’s not the case. For the past week and a half I’ve had constant cramping/pressure in my lower stomach and diarrhea. I finally have insurance now and see the a gastro doctor Thursday at 1:30. I’m so terrified this is colon cancer I’ve never had symptoms be constant like this.. Ibs doesn’t cause constant symptoms does it? I’ve always read it’s an episodic issue. I’m terrrofied beyond belief.

I’m scared that I’ve waited so long to see a gastro and now that it could be advanced. I did go to the Er last Friday because the pain was so bad they did a ct with contrast it was normal.

So not cancer then.

Have you started any therapy for the HA yet?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic;[URL="tel:1995133"
    1995133[/URL]]So not cancer then.

Have you started any therapy for the HA yet?
    So you think the ct would of showed something? I haven’t seen my therapist in a couple of months. I’m going to make a appointment today.

I’ve already went to the bathroom 3 times today that’s just not like me. Plus the cramping and everything is constant. I’m still around the same weight and haven’t noticed any blood in my stools. It’s just constant cramping and burning feeling in my lower stomach.

Yes of course it would - how else would they diagnose cancer without scans?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic;[URL="tel:1995140"
    1995140[/URL]]Yes of course it would - how else would they diagnose cancer without scans?
    Wouldn’t it have to be fairly large to show on the scan? I’ve read that the tumor would have to grow big enough to go outside of the colon to be seen on scan.

God I’m so distraught about these symptoms it’s driving me insane :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Hey everyone hope you all are doing well. I wish I could say I was doing good but unfortunately that’s not the case. For the past week and a half I’ve had constant cramping/pressure in my lower stomach and diarrhea. I finally have insurance now and see the a gastro doctor Thursday at 1:30. I’m so terrified this is colon cancer I’ve never had symptoms be constant like this.. Ibs doesn’t cause constant symptoms does it? I’ve always read it’s an episodic issue. I’m terrrofied beyond belief.
    From December 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I’ve been having issues for a few weeks now. I been having cramping lower abdominal pain like you get when you need to go to the bathroom and only go a little bit. And now I have this near constant pain and discomfort in my lower abdominal area. I’ve thought about going to the er but the most they will do is probably a ct scan which would only show if it was advanced... I had a colonoscopy around 5 years ago which they did remove a pre cancerous polyp so I’m definitely more at risk than usual but I read it usually takes around 10 years for a colon polyp to turn into cancer. You guys think this could be colon cancer?? I see the GI doc January 8th but god that’s so far away....
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa;[URL="tel:1995147"
    1995147[/URL]]From December 2019...

FMP

I remember that but I don’t remember it being constant like this.

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information