Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

How are you able to type so fluently, then?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris;[URL="tel:1996430"
    1996430[/URL]]How are you able to type so fluently, then?
    How would back pain affect me typing with my fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the pain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Probably around 8
    Here's where your argument falls apart, and I knew you would say something between 8-9. I deal with pain in a level of 2-4 daily. A good day is a 2 and a bad day is 4. With OTC pain meds I can manage. I've also had some severe pain. Between the heart attacks, surgeries, cancer treatments etc. I've actually had pain in the 8-10 range and I can assure you, you wouldn't be here posting let alone functioning. You'd be curled up in a ball and calling 911.

If you're hurting that bad, you should go to the hospital because yes, something is seriously wrong, especially if it's constant and pain meds don't relieve it. Is it really that bad Hypo?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Pain at that level affects your whole ability to concentrate. Heck, I struggle to type coherently if my period cramps are a bit worse than usual.

I've never been there myself so maybe FMP can corroborate, but I'm guessing that sort of pain wouldn't allow for the sort of structured sentences we're seeing from you, Hypo.

EDIT: Thanks, FMP!

So why are you so determined to completely blow off everyone’s suggestions and continue insisting that you know more than the many medically trained professionals that you’ve already seen?
    .....for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Pain at that level affects your whole ability to concentrate. Heck, I struggle to type coherently if my period cramps are a bit worse than usual.

I've never been there myself so maybe FMP can corroborate, but I'm guessing that sort of pain wouldn't allow for the sort of structured sentences we're seeing from you, Hypo.

EDIT: Thanks, FMP!
    Absolutely not! Pain at the 8+ range, like I said, is totally debilitating, physically and mentally. All you can think of is getting relief. Nothing else matters. Just forming a coherent thought or sentence is challenging. If you've never experienced it, you truly cannot imagine.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa;[URL="tel:1996439"
    1996439[/URL]]Here's where your argument falls apart, and I knew you would say something between 8-9. I deal with pain in a level of 2-4 daily. A good day is a 2 and a bad day is 4. With OTC pain meds I can manage. I've also had some severe pain. Between the heart attacks, surgeries, cancer treatments etc. I've actually had pain in the 8-10 range and I can assure you, you wouldn't be here posting let alone functioning. You'd be curled up in a ball and calling 911.

If you're hurting that bad, you should go to the hospital because yes, something is seriously wrong, especially if it's constant and pain meds don't relieve it. Is it really that bad Hypo?

FMP
    No I’m not curled up in a ball but it is constant and unrelenting. So I should go to the Er since it’s constant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa;[URL="tel:1996442"
    1996442[/URL]]Absolutely not! Pain at the 8+ range, like I said, is totally debilitating, physically and mentally. All you can think of is getting relief. Nothing else matters. Just forming a coherent thought or sentence is challenging. If you've never experienced it, you truly cannot imagine.

FMP
    Thats pretty much how I feel all I can think about is this nagging pain and just wanting relief or it to just go away..

The trouble is here is that everybody has a different scale, its like - how long is a piece of string. For many women childbirth is their 10, but I'm sure there are things more painful actually....measuring pain is hard and when you have HA your 'scale' can be way off kilter, so to Hypo his 8 might be nothing more than a niggle for someone else.

P Thats pretty much how I feel all I can think about is this nagging pain and just wanting relief or it to just go away..
    Thats because you are obsessed and focused on it, a 'nagging pain' isn't a horrific debilitating pain.

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread Information