Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Like so many other peoples here, I fear I have pancreatic cancer. BUT, I have a lot of symptoms. I know no-one here is able to give medical advice, but I just need to get this out of my head a bit

So, for the last 10 days or so, I have had a pain/ache in my left ribs, below my bra line but before the end of my ribs. This pain is worse at night, and it keeps me awake. It also radiates up to my left shoulder blade at times. Added to this I have no apppetite, and even struggled to eat my Christmas dinner yesterday.

I am feeling a little nauseaous (could be the lack of food I suppose).

And to top it off, I received a letter from my GP telling me I was prediabetic from a blood test I had done in September.

I've rung 111 and talked it through with a nurse. She didn't seem to think it would be PC, but I just feel like its coming to get me. Anyway she is getting a doctor to ring me later. I am therefore thinking I only have a few weeks left.

Has anyone had all of the symptoms, and had a diagnosis which was easily treatable, or went away on its own?

BTW, I haven't injured my ribs or anything like that.

Thank you

Inanna

Re: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Seems like acid reflux to me. Sounds like what I experience. Have you heard from the Dr? Do you have problems with acid reflux? Might be a suggestion.

I had something similar years ago, my dr told me our intestines like to spasm in the corners..
    That means ribs both sides and hip bones both sides.
    I left thinking she was crazy...
    But she was right, I straighten out my eating and the more my nerves calmed down the less I felt it..

I've been sufferin from left side back and abdominal pain just below rib for a year now.....with diabetic symptoms......

Ask your Dr for some blood tests: Lipase, Amylase and liver, to see what's happening (if anything). In saying this, all these 3 tests can be slightly raised due to other factors ie being coeliac, having stomach issues etc. It's not a true measure but it's a pointer to what may be the cause of your symptoms. Alternately you could ask your Dr for an ultrasound or MRI.

Hi

thank you for all of our replies. I managed to get an appointment with the GP, and he has sent an urgent referral for a scan. I told him my PC fears , and he said "its on the list, but not at the top of the list". So there is nothing more I can do now, until I get my scan appointment through

WiseMokey, I did have quite a few blood tests done two weeks ago, but I don't think Lipase and Amylase were among them . I have had FBC, Liver and kidney function as well as white cell count and red cell count, platelets. All of these came back as normal, but not sure if that helps? there were loads of others, and all within range apart from Random blood glucose.

My digestion is also worrisome, with loose bowel movements, some food taking only 12 hours to go right through me (I wont' go into details, but just mention sweetcorn!)

BadCompany, have you had any investigations? I had my diabetes checked again, and it came back as 36, not 42 (42-49 are prediabetic). I'm sort of clinging on to the hope that the diabetes symptoms that present with PC, would only go one way, and not jump about like that.

thank you all again

Inanna

Hello- I just looked back through your post history and you had a similar pain a couple of years ago (albeit on the right side). Presumably that turned out to be nothing? Our bodies can do strange things and - in my experience- do.... all the time! You are being checked out and that is great..... but my guess is you are fine. Xx

I'm basically to afraid of going back to Dr.
    I've only had a regular cbc blood work and a basic xrays...
    My a1C was never tested.....

Hi
    Thank you for your replies. Yes, I remember that pain, and this one is quite different. It's more of a dull ache radiating outwards, but becomes a little sharper if I lay on my left side.

Bad company. I see you are in the US. I don't know, but over here you can go and get your blood glucose tested at a pharmacy. Might be worth getting it done?

Inanna x

Hi

Ive noticed that my urine is mostly clear all of the time, even first thing in the morning. This is a symptom of diabetes, which can happen with PC. My pain is still here keeping me awake. I’m starting to prepare myself for the worst, all of the signs are pointing to it. Feels like a foregone conclusion now.

My biggest fear is telling my kids, I can’t bear the thought of devastating them. I have even thought about taking the cowardly way out, so I don’t have to face then
    m,

Inanna x

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information