Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Re: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

IBS is very much linked in with gastritis but you will get answers very soon now. Make the most of being looked after in hospital and do take the sedation because it makes things a whole lot easier!

I'm glad the waiting is over and hope you get some respite from worrying after the endoscopy x

Hi

yes, my endoscopy came back normal, I can hardly believe it. Ypthe consultant took a biopsy to check g
    for bacterial problems, but said there was nothing that caused him concern.

i have a follow up appointment with him to discuss, but knowing it won’t be something sinister makes me feel okay about it

Today is a good day, thank you all so, so much for all of the support

Inanna x

That is such good news, Inanna and thank you for updating us.

It will be good to go to an appointment not fearing the worst and knowing that it's a normal result.

I really hope that you will be able to accept that there is nothing sinister going on and that you will not move onto another "diagnosis". A "functional" diagnosis means no organic abnormality for the symptoms. You may be advised to accept this interpretation of your pain.

I hope you are able to sleep well tonight xx

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi

yes, my endoscopy came back normal, I can hardly believe it. Ypthe consultant took a biopsy to check g
    for bacterial problems, but said there was nothing that caused him concern.

i have a follow up appointment with him to discuss, but knowing it won’t be something sinister makes me feel okay about it

Today is a good day, thank you all so, so much for all of the support

Inanna x
    Great news, so happy for you x
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 04-02-20 at 20:20.

Brilliant news, very pleased for you.

Hi,

I've come back to this thread, and reread the whole thing, because these digestive issues have started up again, and I am spiralling. Would it even be possible for something sinister to show up 6 months after my CT scan and endoscopy? Could they possibly have missed something?

Burning pain in stomach, and strange left sided pain at the bra line. My appetite is rubbish too.

I never actually got a diagnosis, which would have been good, as I at least wouldn't be left wondering? If it was a tumour, it wouldn't wax and wane like this would it?

WiseMonkey, I did the burp test this morning and I didn't burp at all... after 6 mins I stopped waiting.

I wish I could feel like I did just after I got all of those results. HA is the pits.

Inanna xx

No it's not PC, it's just your digestive issues flaring again. Pain on the left side where you describe is where your stomach is, have a look at a pic of the digestive organs and you will see this. You may have too much stomach acid or not enough, both can cause this gnawing pain in the stomach. Gastric reflux can also cause this.
    You could also try cutting out wheat and try a gluten free diet.

I find that Gaviscon liquid is the best quick fix for stomach issues.

Hi WiseMonkey

thank you so much for replying. I looked at the diagrams, and am surprised to see how high up our organs are! Looking at that, it could be top of stomach, spleen or tail of pancreas. But, like I said, I would hope that the clear CT scan in January would mean that the pancreas is not it?

does Gaviscon work for low stomach acid? What even caused low acid?

Inanna xx

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi,

I've come back to this thread, and reread the whole thing, because these digestive issues have started up again, and I am spiralling. Would it even be possible for something sinister to show up 6 months after my CT scan and endoscopy? Could they possibly have missed something?

Burning pain in stomach, and strange left sided pain at the bra line. My appetite is rubbish too.

I never actually got a diagnosis, which would have been good, as I at least wouldn't be left wondering? If it was a tumour, it wouldn't wax and wane like this would it?

WiseMonkey, I did the burp test this morning and I didn't burp at all... after 6 mins I stopped waiting.

I wish I could feel like I did just after I got all of those results. HA is the pits.

Inanna xx
    If you had PC without treatment for over 6 months, you'd most likely be very dead, not posting vague symptoms on a HA board

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information