Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Re: Convinced I have pancreatic cancer

Inanna

Whoa, your brain is creating quite the story. Your symptoms are real but the story your brain is creating to explain the symptoms is quite extravagant. Take a few deep breaths and recognize that the "forgone conclusion" is anything but that as you don't have any definitive idea of what's going on with you. You're creating this story based upon your googled knowledge. Please remember you aren't a doctor and thus have no clue what your "forgone conclusion" is.

Best Wishes

I'm trying to keep rational, but its so hard, when you have all of these red flags.

So, I rang the scanning dept,and they said they didn't have a referral for me. I then rang my surgery but no-one would pick up, so I ended up driving over there (its not that close to me). The young lass at reception went off, and after 10 mins came back saying that the girl who had "done" the referral was in training, and hadn't actually attached the referral to the email (or something along those lines!). So if I had not asked, I would have been waiting forever!

I am obsessing, I know. Even I had to see the ludicrousness of things when I caught myself using my phone torch to peer down the loo, trying to ascertain if contents were yellow or brown....

Thank you for replying

Inanna

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi

Ive noticed that my urine is mostly clear all of the time, even first thing in the morning. This is a symptom of diabetes, which can happen with PC. My pain is still here keeping me awake. I’m starting to prepare myself for the worst, all of the signs are pointing to it. Feels like a foregone conclusion now.

My biggest fear is telling my kids, I can’t bear the thought of devastating them. I have even thought about taking the cowardly way out, so I don’t have to face then
    m,

Inanna x
    So I’m not a doctor but i believe clear urine is a symptom of diabetes insipidus - which is an entirely different condition to diabetes mellitus (which is the more common type and the one that would be associated with pancreatic cancer). Diabetes insipidus happens when your kidneys are unable to reabsorb water so your urine is always very dilute and clear - even when you are dehydrated. Diabetes mellitus happens when your pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin so sugar levels in the blood increase. This can lead to increased thirst and increased urination but it wouldn’t have the same very clear quality - especially first thing in the morning. As I say, I’m no doctor, but I did do biology and I think this info is correct...

Hi jojo

thanks for that really informative reply. I’m definitely not urinating more, probably less than before actually.

Inanna x

Hi

I rang the booking line this morning. They said as they only received the referral today (thanks GP surgery!), they would be sending it for assessment, and I wont hear anything before Thursday (tomorrow being New years day). So still waiting, its like torture

I tried to apply some logic, and looked up that about 250 females in my age group get diagnosed with pancreatic cancer per year, so hoping the odds are in my favour. However, went to the loo and my stool was loose, brownish/yellow, and I think oily, some bubble of oil seemed to ascend and create a film.. sorry I know its TMI

I am just clinging on by my fingernails at the moment

Inanna x
    Last edited by Inanna; 31-12-19 at 15:52. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi

I rang the booking line this morning. They said as they only received the referral today (thanks GP surgery!), they would be sending it for assessment, and I wont hear anything before Thursday (tomorrow being New years day). So still waiting, its like torture

I tried to apply some logic, and looked up that about 250 females in my age group get diagnosed with pancreatic cancer per year, so hoping the odds are in my favour. However, went to the loo and my stool was loose, brownish/yellow, and I think oily, some bubble of oil seemed to ascend and create a film.. sorry I know its TMI

I am just clinging on by my fingernails at the moment

Inanna x
    that oily film is one I know well. I HOPE that it is normal!!

Hi

Thanks for your reply, it's reassuring that I'm not the only one.

I decided yesterday to go to a new years celebration, and just make the most if it. I managed to eat the meal, and had a few glasses of wine , and danced like there was no tomorrow. I figured that if it is bad news, I need to grab something now. I did feel normal for a little while .

The other news is that I have my appointment with the gastrointestinal dept at the hospital for next Monday. I feel a mixture of elation ( I have something to focus on now) and dead that they will confirm my worst fears

Anyway, happy new year to you all, and my heartfelt thanks for the support I receive on this site

Inanna x

So what happened to your symptoms, while you were enjoying your night out?

Hi

Well, I was still aware of the pain in my side/back, but with a few glasses of wine, I didn't care so much.

I'm not feeling so good today though. I seem to be seeing more and I have a pain in my bladder area as well as my back. My feet won't warm up either, despite me being in bed

Inanna x

Hi all

I'm still freaking out about this. Pain is still there, at the sides of my ribs radiating to the back, and sometimes to the frint. It's not a sharp pain. I also have pain in my shoulder, and it's been keeping me awake.

I just wish I could close my eyes and never wake up...I'm just in such a state

Inanna x

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information